A teenage girl who was the victim of disgraceful bullying for three years has been left so traumatised that her hair has fallen out.

Faith Hawley, 14, said she was verbally abused, punched and even had her hair set on fire after starting at secondary school.

After three years Faith was diagnosed with alopecia, which doctors say was down to stress.

She is one of a growing number of children who are losing their hair due to the trauma of being bullied at school, according to a hairdresser who designed her special wig.

Click here to read more.

Views: 108

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh my goodness like she didnt have enough to deal with already! I hope she goes on and does some talks at local schools about bullying!
Alopecia areata is not a stress induced condition. I wish that "hairdressers" would not make those comments. They are inaccurate and misleading. As if not having stress would cause the hair to regrow. You have alopecia areata at a cellular, genetic level or you don't. If it were stress, then you would have to blame yourself. And, there is no blame here. I'm so sorry that this little girl was bullied at school, but that's a separate issue. I hope the school was contacted and action taken.
This news article caught my attention because I've read both sides of the issue. Some researchers are even investigating whether certain forms of alopecia might be linked to relationship issues. Apparently, it's yet to be determined whether one can only "have alopecia areata at the cellular, genetic level" or whether non-genetic factors might also play in a role in causing the immune system to malfunction.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service