Well, we've all brought up the discussions of Demi Moore and Natalie Portman Shaving their heads. And also Britney Spears because of her bipolar disorder. But I just read an article and people magazine and thought I should bring it up on here. Cameron Diaz has been asked to play the mom on the movie version of the book My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. The book is about a girl who is the exact genetic match of her older sister who struggles with Leukemia, so they use the younger sister's marrow and such to help the older sister. But that's a little beside the point. The mother in this book shaves her head when the older sister loses her hair. Well, Cameron Diaz, playing this part, instead of shaving her head like Demi Moore and Natalie Portman did for their roles, opted for a bald cap. I want to know what ya'll think about this. Do you think she chickened out? or do you think she had reason? I want a heated discussion here. You all know how hard it is to have to lose your hair and the confidence issues that go with it. So I want to know what you think, is she a chicken? Or did she opt for a bald cap with good reason?

Views: 45

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oops! I was totally thinking of Being John Malkovich. I confused it with Adaptation.

Anyways, taking on the role of homely, crazy, housewife is really only brave in as much as it potentially reduces her marketability as "token hot girl", but yeah, that's really a weak example.

Again, given that Diaz's next role is an invisible one, I'm a little disappointed she's not going the extra mile and shaving her head. A baldcap with faux stubble is going to look bad.
I'm disappointed that she wasn't willing to go that extra mile to fully dedicate and commit herself to the role. At the same time, it is true that the industry she is in is built on looks and so I can understand her hesitation. However, it would be nice to see more and more actors and actresses challenge the claim Hollywood has made over the importance of external appearances.
I'm going to go and check out these pictures for a laugh.
OK now that I went and checked them out I think I've formed an opinion. I wasn't going to say anything at all, because it's really not my business, but after seeing a picture of her with the young girl who played the daughter I was honestly unable to tell if the girl shaved or went with a bald cap. Cameron's bald cap was very apparent however. So if it is the case that this young girl had the gusto to throw herself into her part and Cameron did not well then not only is she a chicken but shame on her, I say, for not setting a better example for up and coming actor/actresses.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service