well... im in colorado right now and i get to go home soon.
but my mom was talking to someone about alopecia.
people probably saw my bald spots and they were probably like "like omg..."

but anyways, my mom was talking to someone and they said that not eating cheese, milk.. all that dairy stuff could make my hair grow back. she said that dairy food/stuff/whatever does something to the scalp .

milk has something to do with the immune system and maybe it could have something to do with alopecia because alopecia is autoimmune or whatev? idk o.o
i dont really know if thats true.
i kinda doubt that milk can do that XD

maybe alopecia is caused by milk and stuff?... wow maybe it is... i dunno, now im just being paranoid.

so yeah... if anyone knows anything about this milk/scalp/whatever stuff plz reply :)

Views: 291

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A new crazy diet will not bring your hair back! I've spoken to some that have become vegans or tried a new diet in hopes that it would make their hair return - none of them have any more hair now than they did before. Do as much research as you can and speak to your doctor about starting any new diets, especially if you are still growing, you want to reach your full potential!
XD yes im pretty sure my moms insane. she would run around screaming whenever she saw a new bald spot. i would just sit there like chillax its just stupid annoying hair
shes still thinks its because of dairy stuff and i cant eat icecream/milk/cheese etc anymore D:
i wanna go and drink a whole gallon of milk just to freak her out and watch her roll on the floor panicing XD

she wants me to go to this weird healing thing where they shake your feet and stuff and im like "have you gone insane?"

she scares me.
but she doesnt understand that i dont want hair anymore anyways XD
Vanessa
It's hard to deal with moms like that but she really needs to understand what you want too! Do you have another adult you can talk to that might be able to bring your mum down a bit or even if there's a support group you can bring her too? She sounds like she needs some help in learning how to cope with your alopecia. Some people's parents, sheeesh LOL Good luck! :)
Just go to a local grocer and get a quart of milk and call her on your cell and go, "Look Momma, I'm drinking milk -- and it TASTES GOOD!!!" Record her reaction on tape and post it on YouTube. Repeat every time anyone makes a retarded suggestion or makes a fuss over nothing -- if nothing else, it's a great form of cheap entertainment!
LOOLOLOL ROFLMAO XD I AM SO GUNNA DO THAT!!!
LOL omg i'll get a zillion views for that XD
i kno shes goin crazy. yesterday i found a bald spot in the shape of a heart because a little piece of hair would not fall out! XD and she was like "noooo" and i was like... "wtf is your problem old lady with rat hands :D" and she totally overreacts XD
thnxx for the luck :DXD
I got two words for that: MAN WHATEVER!!!

I've never heard anything about changing the foods you eat, don't eat or otherwise that will help your hair to grow. If you choose not to use milk or dairy products for anything then it will be because you choose not to eat dairy products. Don't ever fall for a diet or food recommendation for anything unless it is proven to actually be beneficial for you in more ways than just making your hair grow.
Hear, hear! I must concur with the good lady YoKasta!
Sounds as if someone gave your Mom a bum steer. A so called ‘researcher’ suggested that those who suffer from specific autoimmune disorders, such as sarcoidosis, curtail their intake of 1,25 D, the active hormone metabolized from Vitamin D, to minimize flare ups. While alopecia is an autoimmune disorder, it is not included in the list. Dairy products are often enriched with Vitamin D. Dark green vegis and even sunshine contain Vitamin D. BTW, the protocol also suggested that folks live in the dark.

Obviously, this is only a theory; one which is considered highly questionable. In the old days they would have referred to this type of medicine as “snake oil”…today, they just package it better. Follow the link if you want to read what the researcher says (http://www.marshallprotocol.com/forum2/364.html) Google “Marshall Protocol” for the real story. Not that it matters as it doesn’t pertain to alopecia.

Mom seems to be OCD about the whole alopecia thing. Her heart is in the right place but she does need to, as you put it, chillax if she wants to help. Carol’s suggestion about the support group is a good one. If you can’t find a support group or get her to go, see if she’ll come here. There isn’t a better source of info from those who are walking the walk anywhere, including parents of kids who have alopecia. In the mean time, hang in there. Remember, this is about what's right for you.
XD thnx shes still crazy tho. she wont let me eat ice cream in summer -.-
yeah im so happy cuz of all these commets i and then i can just show her them and be like "SEE YOU WERE WRONG OLD LADY!" and it will entertain me XD
This isn't the first time I've heard this dairy theory. I don't buy it either. Just know it must be floating around out there to have heard it multiple times.
yeahh my mom heard it from some old dude or something XD

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service