Does anyone have experience with Featherlite Wigs in Toronto? They look amazing but are pricey. They have a couple really nice looking blondes right now the pics are on Facebook. I am looking for a good quality HH in blonde that is not brassy or red. This learning curve is brutal!

Views: 4984

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How long did it take for people who bought an in stock wig to be shipped out. Mine is paid a week ago, but she hasn't shipped it yet.

This question was asked a while back, but I see people are still talking about it. I purchased a Featherlite. It was a custom piece. It took her a year to send it to me. I agree, she is the most unprofessional person I have ever dealt with. She is actually just down right mean, and she doesn't respond to your messages for a whole month sometimes. When I got the wig  I was so happy, but as soon as I pulled it out of the package, I noticed that it wasn't what I ordered. I think I could have gotten over that because the hair was pretty. Unfortunately, the amount of hair on the wig isn't thick enough. The worst part, though, is the fact it is very cheaply made. It is made of wefts sewn onto a cap. You can see thread, fabric, and sects without even having to look for it. I would never wear this out of the house. She may have put effort into helping her clients and produce wigs that are nice at one time, but that is absolutely the farthest thing from what I got. She won't give me a refund. She won't take a picture of another wig she hasn that isn't made this way so that I have proof she knows how to make one. She also never even said sorry and now won't respond to emails from me.  Please don't order a custom piece from her. Pay Pal and your credit card companies won't do refunds after a year (I am still trying, though), and I promise it will take a year to get to you. She is a master at taking great pictures of  crappy wigs disguised with pretty hair, which is what got me, so if you must order from her, please get an in stock wig so that you can return it if those are made in the same fashion as the Halloween costume-like gem I ended up with that is completely useless. 

The stories I hear about this woman make me sick!! Anyone who chooses to order anything from her now after being warned is just plain asking for trouble! Spread the word!! Let's put this incompetent and unethical person out of business!

Thank you, Cleopatra. This is so awful to do to people! I even told her I would be doing reviews, and she apparently doesn't care because she never responded again. She should care, though, because if this many bad reviews were up when I started looking into FeatherLite, then I most definitely would not have purchased. I mean, it takes her A WHOLE YEAR to make these awful looking wigs??? That blows my mind. It also blows my mind that she doesn't think that word will get around! If anyone knows of other review websites, please let me know, and if you would like to see pictures of the garbage that I got in the mail or her insanely ridiculous emails, then message me because I am more than happy to share.

You could also post negative reviews to the site HerAlopecia. Also, HairDirect, where I get my systems, has a message board where anyone can post about experiences dealing with hair loss. I would be interested in seeing the wig you got from Featherlite. You should post a photo, since they say a picture speaks a thousand words. Have you considered taking legal action? I wish I had when I spent thousands of dollars for an inferior system from
Joseph Paris in New York. He actually threatened to sue me for writing a bad review on here. The nerve of some people!
She obviously waits a year, because she knows by then it's too late to get a refund!
I received mine and the cut is great and the hair looks good. But I thought that wefted backs were more durable. At the back the bottom tracks are losing hair. With clumps. The two bottom tracks are completely gone in one month. The wig was way too big at the back, so luckily I could sew them together. But for this price I expect a decent quality. I didn't experience this with my old wig.
Anyone else having problems with a Featherlite wig losing hair at the tracks?

I have a problem with the wefts themselves. They just look awful and move unnaturally. I can't believe how terrible it is. I am not pursuing legal action, but I am in the process of trying to get my refund from the credit card company.  Good idea about putting reviews on Hair Direct!

I will post pictures, too. It's a little hard to see what I'm talking about, though, because they are specifically made to look good in pictures.

This thread validates everything I have been seeing/saying for the past 3-4 years. I have worked on every line out there and also buy from the best manufacturers but am constantly frustrated and amazed at the lack of quality I see. I think the problem is twofold. First, customers want to buy online and have the piece act exactly like the hair they imagine and see in pictures. It does not happen. They way these pieces are made, they will fall apart and be difficult to maintain, because all of it is heavily processed hair which breaks easily. Tie that hair in a single hair knot to the base and it is guaranteed to break. Thus the pieces need constant management and this is not easy work. I spent most of my work time re-ventilating and repairing expensive hair systems because I believe my clients deserve to get some longevity for their money. There is no way one can buy online and expect quality, consistency and longevity. I have even seen HD pieces fall apart in one month.

Now, the other side of this equation, is that the manufacturers are also in a frustrating position as they are working with many unscrupulous people who will lie and sell anything without a second thought. The hair collectors take any hair that is offered and without expensive testing no one knows for sure if the hair is quality or not. I have even heard of hair collectors selling horse tails as human hair. So hair is bought off many heads, some may be good, but most is not. People that sell their hair need money bad. Wealthy people that take good care of their hair covet it and do not sell it. That hair is sent to the manufacturing company where different people make every piece, therefore no two can be exactly alike.  I can also tell you ventilating a wig is tedious and difficult. If I am having a bad day ventilating, I have to stop, try again another time, or my work will not look right and will not last. It is not a job like many that once you have the skills you can be efficient all the time. Working with one hair at a time, under a magnifying glass is very tiring. After awhile my eyes hurt, and I can not see as well as normal.

What drives this?? People want human hair because they believe it will behave like hair growing from their head. And, they do not want to pay too much for it. They are also vulnerable because they NEED hair for their self esteem. Companies prey on people like this. They promise the world but deliver exactly what they want to give. Nothing. They know the product will not last, work, look natural. But good marketing can make people believe anything is possible.

So, is there an answer? I believe that if clients insist on using human hair they must be prepared to find someone that has the skills (not easy to find) to maintain the pieces and work face to face, not through some mail order online ghost business. Looking a customer in the eyes tends to make it more difficult to ignore complaints. I agree that today many business people do not offer good service, but some still do. Just find that right person and do your part as a client and do not take for granted what he/she provides. There is not another one around the corner. My clients drive hundreds of miles to see me. They know that I will do all I can to save them money, will not lie and tell them everything is fantastic when I know it is not, and will work hard to maintain their confidence.

I am very glad to see that many of you are voicing your issues with these companies. Only by making your issues known will make all of us tow the line and do the best job we can for you.

Please don't buy from Featherlite. The owner, Isadore Hoffman, scammed me. Please do your research and read all her reviews online.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service