I've read of a few ladies (who actually already have hair, no alopecia) who have enjoyed wearing wigs more than their natural hair.

One person said she liked wigs more because her real hair was thin - she actually managed to pass hers off and received a lot of compliments on her wig!

Another who had a synthetic wig said it was easier to maintain because as someone who traveled a lot, she had no need to carry around so many styling products and heating tools. She also could show up everyday with "perfect" hair (no bad hair days at all).

The last one wore wigs to protect her real hair.

So I'm wondering if anyone here has come to like wearing them, even preferring it? I know wigs can sometimes feel itchy, hot, and so on but as someone very new to all of this, I'm trying to look on the brighter side. I've been looking at a lot of wigs online and they look absolutely gorgeous, though I hope I'm not getting ahead of myself here :p

Fake eyelashes of course look way better than my natural lashes (yes, including the ones I had before alopecia). I think Ardell 109 or 110 look the most natural. Eyebrow wigs seem interesting but I haven't played around with those yet.

Overall I'm just curious how everyone's experience has been.

Thank you for your time :)

Views: 1725

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Beautiful You Hair Extensions my name Corliss I have Lupus Alopecia I understand about the uncomfortable wigs and other hairs. They have caused me soreness in my face and scalp getting many cortisone injections on both. I truly enjoy the sew-in extensions I can now have color and a beautiful head of hair daily. Now I have also had wigs made using my hair and they don't matt up. I will say this using other hairs does take a lot of stress off your hair. I can get the hair dyed without damage to my hair. If I knew like I know now I would get me some good true human hair when I wanted it to be straight like a perm and used it. When I wanted color I would use weave. Now I also have wigs made using really good hair. EIther I pay at the doctor or I wear good hair. I wonder even with this discoid how much hair would i have loss if i never got a perm. All I know is i would have worn weave and wigs all along. Check out my story on Beautifulhairx.com

Wigs look a heckuva lot better, have instant style, and keep me looking professional for work. I just accept them as "my" hair now.

I started wearing a wig at the end of June 2016. I was very emotional about the whole issue and very self conscious. I can , in all honesty say, that it is becoming easier by the day and I also enjoy having neat hair daily.

Our summer is on the way, hopefully the wig will not be too warm to wear!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service