I am here to say I strongly recommend getting it done! It is worth every penny. I had mine done yesterday and I can't believe the difference in my life. For a year I had been carting around eyebrow pencils, always worrying about smudging throughout the day. I didn't realize how much I had been avoiding looking at myself in the mirror; now I can't stop! They are so realistic. My husband kept doing double takes at me all last night and saying "wow!" And he never notices anything...I always have to tell him when I got my haircut lol! I can't wait to go swimming next week without having to worry about looking like an alien.

Be sure to do your homework though. I first checked out a woman in town that is just starting out and has all this new high end equipment. Her price of $175 was tempting. But then I found Jamilla, an hour's drive away from me in NH. She has been doing permanent cosmetics for 20 years and is a true artist. Just last week she had a woman (with FFA) fly in from South Carolina for corrective work. This poor lady had a plastic surgeon do her initial eyebrows and they were poorly shaped and turned blue in 6 months. She then went to two more people to try and get them corrected and then spent several years having them removed by laser.

Since any picture I post will likely be upside down or worse, I thought I'd put a link to Jamilla's web site instead. If you are like me and googled eyebrow tattoo, you are probably horrified at the idea! However Jamilla has tons of before/after pictures, in addition to her corrective work, that you can see what a true artist and professional can do. She also has a section on what to look for in a permanent cosmetician. It is a very informative site.

http://www.permanentcosmeticsbyjamilla.com/gallery/

Views: 2593

Replies to This Discussion

I am going to have this done I've decided.  I am looking at a lady in Ashville NC-a Dawn Willard at Permanent Make-Up Studio.  I wondered if anyone has heard of her or this studio.  This is all they do, and Dawn has supposedly worked as a make-up artist for many years.  I really want to go to the lady who did yours, Anne Louise, but New Hampshire is a little far for me(in South Carolina).   Though at this point, I'd consider it if it wasn't for the follow up appointments.  Any suggestions for tatooing in the southeastern U.S.?

If permanent make up is all they do and Dawn has been doing it for years, those are good signs. Ask to see pictures of work they've done. I think pictures speak volumes...it was Jamilla's pictures that swayed me. The other place I looked into had no portfolio to show and had only been doing eyebrows for about a year.

Agree. I should have had it done sooner. I think I have wasted a year of my life pencilling on brows. The girl before me had her lipline done. Too excruciating for me!

I wondered if the eyebrows have a "3-D" look with natural looking hairs?  I live in South Carolina and am a teacher, so was thinking I'd have this done over the Christmas break this year.  Just diagnosed middle of June. 

Jenny, I have not had my brows tattooed, but so many have and are pleased.  Just thought I'd share with you a photo sent by one of our ladies, Camie. You can see lovely detail in her close-up photo.  Hope this helps.  Let me know if you cannot open picture and I could email it to you.  I turned it right side up in my file, but afraid it attaches sideways as in Camie's original.  Sorry about your diagnosis, but certain you'll find help and support on this site.

Attachments:

Thank you so much, Anne.  Finding this site has been the best thing as far as hope and encouragement that has happened to me since the diagnosis.I  was put on Avodart and an anti-malarial drug-this along with monthly injections. . . so we'll see.  Thanks for forwarding the photo of Camie's brows.  They do look awesome-very natural.  I imagine I could find someone in Atlanta who might be good.  Have to do some research I guess.  Anyway, I appreciate the support-not feeling nearly as alone and terrified. 

Thanks for sharing the photo.  I am amazed at the work.  They look awesome.

Jenny1 I am very grateful for this site.  It has also given me much support, and it is very good to know that we are not alone in this journey.

Jennyl I'm not sure why you plan to wait until Christmas, unless you are worried about coworkers noticing a drastic difference. If that is your concern, don't wait! My appearance is certainly different and improved, but not hugely noticeable by others. Friends say I look like I always have. I can't tell you how much my life is back to normal since I had my brows done. No more penciling in, no worries about sweating or swimming.
Getting my brows done helped , although it hurt more than I expected. Would do it again & again.
I am going for eyebrow tattooing on Wednesday. This is being done on the NHS. Feel very privileged that this is available to me.

Hi all! I got my eyebrows done last year and I'm VERY happy I did. I never was good about drawing them on and now I don't have to worry about it. Recently I saw my sister who lives pretty far away. Later after the visit, when we were talking on the phone she said "Oh Dang! I forgot to look at your eyebrows!!" so I guess they look pretty natural.  :) 

ps. I didn't enjoy getting the tatoos! It stung and made me repeatedly sneeze because of some nerve that area!...but I don't regret it.  cs

Did it! Love it! She even changed their position and it made me look better! Expensive but so worth it. My eyebrows went before hair started but I was ignoring my sore itchy scalp for almost two years. Dermatologist did punch biopsy and when diagnosed I started taking Plaquenil to attempt to halt inflammation in my body. Stopped taking it as it didn't help and started Clobetasol drops which only addressed itching.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service