How is dating for everyone else with alopecia? I've seen more women married on here then men. Any Thoughts?

Views: 2696

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rite on

well said.

For me personally it has been really hard. I don't like for my partner to see me without my wig on. I know he know's I don't have any hair but its just really weird being around him without it on. I feel more like a woman with my wig on, I feel like he accepts it but I feel bad because I want him to be with a "real" woman if that makes any sense. I def. don't let him see me without my eyebrows drawn on. I don't know its just really weird. If he and I break up I don't think that I would want to date simply because its too difficult explaining this disease to someone and having to see if they would accept you for you. 

Hhmm I usually keep my hat on at first. Once I get comfortable I must take it off or Wats the point. To meet someone that's ok with it,,,alopecia. ThAT should have been the first the first thing u took off.lol If not for a min:) in my opinion that is. Also if ur not a man that makes u a women luv. Hair doesn't make a women or man although I'm sure It's harder for u gals:( also I know about the hang ups we have with alopecia.How long have been in this relationship? U need to feel comfy in ur skin luv:) it's the only one u have. It does SuCk balls having alopecia.lol
Ur pic is upside down as well:)

I'm letting you know right now that you're GOORGEOUS. You ROCK the bald look. I would adopt a little more of a 'high fashion' style and people will just think you're a model. seriously, though. how many runway models have shaved their head? like a million. Feel free to use some of these sassy babes as inspiration :o)

http://www.vissastudios.com/gallery/razor-cut-hairstyles/

My dating life was barely alive in my early twenties, but post AU it has since been nonexistent. I am male and 27 now and being short and bald is the complete opposite of what women want (especially eyebrowless and eyelashless with deformed fingernails). I've put myself out there by being happy and "confident" but I am still treated like a monster by everyone (looks of fear, nervousness, disgust, etc). Oh well, at least I don't have to shave anymore...
Everything else besides the finger nails I can relate to. Wats wrong with ur finger nails bro? Wat I did was learn how to dance. I took a salsa class. It's a good way to meet ppl. And it helps with the ladies:)it doesn't have to be salsa. Take any kind of dance class where they actually go out and dance together. Try that bro.
Thanks for the advice - I have tried dancing before and didn't continue as I suck at it. However, maybe it's time I tried it again! Regarding my nails, they have become very brittle since I got alopecia, in which they snap off, crack and peel apart all by themselves - all my finger and toenails look like this: https://www.google.com.au/search?q=pitted+nails+alopecia+areata&.... As such, I can't use my nails for anything anymore, such opening cans of drink, picking stuff up off the ground, etc. The dermatologist said it's very likely caused by my alopecia as hair and nails are structurally similar and as a result my immune system must be attacking them too.
Deleted
I personally don't understand how so many people have problems with dating. I'm 23 and have alopecia universalis and get hit on almost everyday. I happen to have a boyfriend so I'm not looking for anyone but there are at least 4 people I could use as backups if I were to be single. I haven't noticed a huge change in how I was treated before my hairlessness except that I get many more compliments now then I did before. I wouldn't consider myself a horribly attractive person, I think I'm average, however, I can say that I've never had any relationship problems. As for the uncomfort of being bald around someone, you get what you see with me, I don't wear a wig! Why pretend to have something I don't?

Yeah girl. I feel the same thing. I get lots more random compliments by people on the street. I think it's the age we live in with people embracing individuality more and female empowerment. that mixed with our confidence probably gets people thinking "hey... that's pretty cool!"

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service