Dr. Phil McGraw, perhaps the most well-known mental health professional in the world, is the host of the #1 daytime talk show Dr. Phil.

Presently, he is looking for people who have been diagnosed with alopecia to tell their stories.

You must be willing to appear on the show.

Also...

YOU MUST UPLOAD A CLEAR RECENT PHOTO OF YOURSELF SMILING.

NO HATS, NO SUNGLASSES AND PLEASE BE SURE TO SMILE AND SHOW OFF YOUR PEARLY WHITES!

If you are interested, please visit the following webpage to submit your name, contact information, and other relevant details:

https://plugger.drphil.com/plugger/respond/?plugID=17298

All the best,

Alopecia World Team
www.alopeciaworld.com

"It's Hair Loss Support At Its Best"

Views: 10006

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for clarifying. That really annoyed me, maybe I am just suspicious. Dr. Phil did a show on Tourette’s awhile back and shortly after  I heard some people at social  gathering laughing about all these  ‘weirdos’ with Tourette’s on the show and imitating them. So much for educating the public! 

What kind of people would make fun of anyone with Tourette's? Let them make fun of bald me - I'd hold my head high and tell them to get some class.

Some people will always be "mean" no matter what! I say kudos to Dr Phil for attempting to educate the public about different anomalies many are living with!! :)

Agree with you Bernadette! I am a bit surprised by the number of people commenting about exploiting. I think Dr Phil (even tho I have rarely watched his shows) is trying to educate the public about this or any other anolmaly that people might have. I am blessed to know this is being publicized on this show that so many people watch! I wish I was chosen. It would have been my "coming out" experience!! All is well in my world anyhow!!! :))

I actually think that alopecia needs much more publicity. It is just as emotionally devastating as any other disease.  Alopecia is severely underfunded.  If a two year old has a rheumotoid arthritis, the doctors would easily prescribe a biologic and insurance would cover it.  Researchers, the FDA, and insurance companies need to realize that alopecia is not only cosmetic and we should all demand that insurance companies cover the various treatment options which are available. 

I couldn't agree more.

I agree, Hope4mySON.  First of all, insurance companies have always treated cosmetic damage caused by injury, accident, disease, illness, or birth defects.  Alopecia areata is a REAL disease.  If insurance companies pay for other autoimmune diseases they must be made to pay for our autoimmune disease.  As you said, alopecia areata is more than cosmetic, especially alopecia universalis!

This is Loretta she is 11 years old 

Attachments:

God bless you sweet Loretta!!! Stay strong and positive!!! You will be all right!!! :)

Loretta - you are a truly beautiful young girl.  Sending positive thoughts your way, chin up!  Everything will be okay :).  

Hi my son has alopecia and has had it since he was 3. I asked him if he wanted to go on the show and he said yes. Please senf details to awagner252000@gmail.com 

Thank you

Attachments:

Sweet boy!! I have had my alopecia since I was 5 and I am 61 now!! Many of us wanted to go on the show! It would have been my "coming out" experience if I had been chosen but I have not heard back from them! God bless your son! My hope is he will grow to love himself in the midst of this anomaly! Peace to you and your family!! :)

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service