Hello Everyone! :):):)

I'm looking for a wig,but I hate glue and tape

Does anyone have experience with lace wigs that have a thin skin perimeter?

How does the hairline look,can you wear your hair out of your face and can you wear your wig glueless?

Also..do you find it more durable then a lace front? (i suppose the thin skin is more durable sheddes less)

Views: 6447

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh no...cutting or pulling the hair from corpses???? That sounds like a horror story....
Synthetic wigs seem very appealing suddenly...
"Does the Sales Person Speak Negatively About Competitors? (In a nice & concerned way of course ;)
Watch out for sales people or wig shop owners or stylists that speak negatively about others, especially competitors. Usually if a sales person speaks negatively about other local businesses they are actually "Speaking about themselves!" "

Isn't it what the company who wrote this article is doing? lol Russian hair is not healthy? Puleeeease! That claim has ruined the entire article.
About the question of a lace wig with a thin skin perimeter. I have been told by 2 vendors who are in the US that real lace base material such as French or Swiss lace, can't be placed with thin skin perimeter because it is so light in weight, so the thin skin is done with a more sturdy type of net/mesh-something like the base used for mono top wigs. Any comments on this?
Don't know about Swiss lace but I own two French lace systems with poly perimeter.
Hi Carla-You have mentioned these wig caps from Russianhair.net on another post-I didn't realize they were French lace. That's interesting. Do you find that the cap can wear well-I think you said in another post that your friend has a full wig-it seems the standard info about lace wigs (thin skin or not) is that it's not a good idea to use expensive European hair because the life of the lace is shorter than the life of the hair. Also, another question-the color options are only brown-do you know if they can provide a dark blond.
Hi Welshcakes, what a beautiful piece. It's a shame that it did not work for you. I have the same color from them only straight. I was wondering, how were you able to send them a color swatch? They told me that they don't work with color samples because they make wigs only with three virgin colors? I needed highlighted wig and was told that it can't be done because they ventilate only virgin hair. So I ordered virgin light brown and made highlights myself.
Hi your hairpieces look great!!
I was looking at Chinese vendors,but I have lost count of them,don´t know where to order
Hi Cathy, I don't really know what to tell you. I've never heard that good hair on French lace "is not a good idea". French lace is pretty durable as far as I can see, and wears well. Maybe the people who told you that confusing it with Swiss lace.
Welshcakes,

Where do you get your other lace wigs from? I find that the lace wigs work best for me.. The lace wigs feel like they are part of you. I will be ordering a wig from russianhair.net in Janurary.. How was the customer service? Did they send you the wrong size?

Carla,

Do you have any pictures of your peice you got from russianhair.net?
They make caps exactly by the measurements you give them. When I ordered my first wig I made a mistake by half an inch in circumference. So I got stuck with a little bigger cap than I needed, but I was able to fix it. If you order from them you have to measure your head several times and be precise. No returns. But they will make exact size that you put on your order.
I don't have any pics but I guess I can take some. It's the same cap that Welshcake has but with silk top and stretch lace in the middle back. Same skin around.
Welshcakes,

I agree that is a shame that your peice is too big. I don't understand either how that could be if you send the measurments to all of your vendors.

What company did you order from in the US?

Carla,

Does the skin around the wig make it hot? I have noticed with my gripper piece that it's really hot around the edges. Does the hairline look natural with the skin around it?

Thanks again for the input.
Fox,

I know you posted this some time ago, but I was just wondering did you ever order from the first vendor? The one that has the really thin skin? That wig looks so realistic. I have this gripper piece from Peggy Knight, and my peice doe not look as realistic as I would like. It not as secure as I would like either. The back can lift off in the wind, and it seams to slip off my head when I exersice.

-Becca

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service