Hi everyone! :)

I've been wearing syntetic wigs for a while now. However, I want to switch to human hair now because I could style it more (curls!), it wouldn't get frizzy and it would last longer (I hope). Unfortunately, my hair/wig salong doesn't have many HH wigs I could try and now I'm considering buying one online and just having it cut/styled at my salon (though they're gonna be a bit mad that I didn't buy it from them. Oopsie^^).

But there are so many wigs online!!!
I'm looking for something between 16 and 20 inch, lace front, and European hair (dark brown). I really want to have a wonderful quality.

I tried on a Gemtress, and it felt really cool, but it was too short. Now I saw that Matt Yeandle apparently has similar wigs (glueless lace front, silk top). So, do you guys have any experiences with the following?

- Matt Yeandle wigs
- Fortune Virgin European hair wigs
- Follea
- Lois Ferre
- anything else?

I know some are already mentioned in the forum, but maybe about these specific ones? Also, do you think that lace front wigs with those silicon parts (dermafix thingy) would make you sweat more because of the plastic? Like, does your head get hot after a while? I'm only used to caps with a monofilament on top/in front and the rest machine-made-thingy-stuff (like capless ones), so very breathable. I sweat a lot on my head (awkward info ^^'), so I'm not really sure. Also the reason why I'm not going for a freedom wig.

Anyways, I would be SO GREATEFUL for any help, you guys!! :)
-Kate

Views: 1978

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

VERY helpful. Thank you Rose Marie.

THANK YOU ROSY!!! This is really helpful information to understand wigs better! So thanks for that, I've learned a lot! :)
And since you seem to know so much, I'd have one last little question. If I would get European hair (probably processed), do you think I should get a darker shade? Like, does the hair get lighter? Though I've read that it is okay to dye hair a darker colour, but it would be damaged if I'd dye it a lighter colour. So according to that it'd be wiser to get a lighter colour? Gosh, so many things to consider! :/

Hi, We buy my daughter's wigs from qdbeauty and we are happy with the quality. She wears all lace wigs with silk top and she tapes them on. She sleeps in them and changes and washes them every 2-3 days depending on her activity. We buy the "virgin european" hair which is actually processed chinese hair. It is gorgeous hair and she is happy with it. There are alot of options but this one is affordable. They cost about $500 for very long hair.

Karen, thank you. another source to check out. not sure how processed chinese hair can be called virgin european hair. "virgin" meand untouched.. non processed. but sounds like you are happy with it. hmmmmmm. price is way too cheap for non processed cuticle on human hair. still.. i will check out qdbeauty.

This site seems to do the best job with the hair. I think they strip the cuticle so that it feels soft and silky like European hair. I have bought European hair for her in the past and paid alot more and the wig tangled. We are not having problems with these wigs.The hair looks and feels gorgeous. If it lightens over time, I just buy hair color and dye it.People stop her all the time and compliment her hair. This is working for her.

Thank you for the tip, Karen! I will check it out :)

It took a few orders for me to get the right combination of hair type, color, texture, and density along with the perfect custom head measurements, but I have been very happy with the Remy Indian full lace units I've purchased from China. I have attached a closeup of the hairline and silk top of my latest, which cost only $200 for 12 inches, which I cut into an angled chin-length bob. I have not shedding or tangling issues. If carefully maintained, they perform well through at least six-months of fairly rigorous use, and for the price, they are economical to replace (cheaper than off-the rack synthetics that don't fit or feel as good!) I have been using Orderwigsonline.com.

Attachments:

Lori.. wow!!! thanks for the great up close photo of the hairline. It does look really good. I am so shocked to hear Remy hair does not give you tangling issues. It appears from your photo that you wear your hair short. I wonder if I would have the same good results with a long hair version of what you buy. So off I go to check out the site you listed. Any recommendations for me when ordering to get it right the first time? thanks again.

The longest unit I have from OrderWigsOnline.com is 18 inches, and I use it for updo styles primarily. I do ballroom dancing, sometimes competitively, which requires hair to be off the neck. I've never had an issues with my longer hair, although I suspect that it would tangle a bit under the neck if I were to sweat in it while wearing it down for any length of time.

I wash my units using a WEN-type product, and regularly oil them with Argan Oil. Every once in a while, I do a deep conditioning with coconut oil (the same stuff that I cook with). My 18" unit, which is just Indian Remy, cost under $200, but it does not have a silk top. While I like silk tops, I do think that they alter the fit of the cap and breathe less.

does a non silk top look bad if you don't have any hair on your head? especially if you were to bleach the knots?

Kate, I just went thru my bag of wigs I have collected over the years. I found the tag for the "cheap piece" I buy to wear when I go to Hawaii or do outdoor activities like gardening, yard work. It is a Louis Ferre Style 7001 Petite "Jennifer" Color 8/32 Ginger Brown. I wanted a hand tied top or monofilament top. I wanted enough length I could wear it pulled back in a low pony tail. So I buy it.. and immediately go to my hair stylist. I get a fringe cut on the sides so you can pull the hair back and still not look wiggy. Then I get the bangs cut to hang just past my eyebrows. And then cut the top and length to fit your needs. Thinning may be needed also. but not too much. With two colors in the wig, it looks very similar to my Freedom piece. The synthetic Louis Ferre wig lasts me for years. I bought this one some time ago, so don't remember the cost exactly but think it was about $200. It is synthetic. Fits snug with the adjustable straps. I get in the swimming pool with this one.. no i don't go under the water but i do swim on my back and don't get a second look from anyone around the pool. I use a scrunchy for the low pony to soften the look in the back. Would never get in a swimming pool with my Freedom piece even though they say you can. I treat my Freedom piece with GREAT CARE so it lasts YEARS.

Thank you very much for the tip, Rose! Really cool that you have a Louis Ferre and it sounds like a good synthetic wig. And your hairstyle sounds very similar to the way I like it - I love a nice side fringe!^^ The next time I'll buy a synthetic wig, I'll definitely have a closer look at Louis Ferre. Also, never thought about using a scrunchie to soften the look, I might try that out. Thank you again! :)

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service