Can someone please tell me how hard it really is to take care of a human hair wig? I also imagine that it takes more care for a cheap one than a good one. ?? But isn't hair "hair" ?? Why ever is hair for a blonde caucasian woman so so expensive? Black women can buy so many cute styles, all so very cheap. I go to the stores and see such pretty black girls all sporting such pretty "hair" and they must look at me, and think "poor woman, I would never be seen in public looking that kinda way".

Views: 6568

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Mary

The company I work with 'Freedom Wigs' only use 100% unprocessed virgin human hair. It truly is the best hair available in the world... and really fab looking. My daughter has been wearing this type of wig since she was 12 she is now 22 years old. She really enjoys them and they work well for her. (I'll pop some photo's of people with shorter hair below wearing Freedom wigs).

Cap types can be confusing...so I'm going to talk about my personal preference for my daughter.

Freedom Vacuum wigs are made a vapour permeable medical silicone. This means when you perspire the perspiration (while in vapour form), passes through the cap keeping you and your hair dry and comfortable. (this doesn't mean you can run a marathon and not have perspiration under your cap). What it means with day to day living you will be comfortable as the cap takes on the temperature you are.

I love that when my daughter is exercising the hair stays clean and the cap is incredibly easy to remove and wipe out...which for me is a very hygienic alternative. (Those with growing hair wash their hair every time they exercise...so I think cap washing is imperative when you exercise).

The Freedom Vacuum cap is very secure in all life circumstances..swimming, sports, dancing,roller coasters etc. You do not use glue or tape to keep it secure and it is not tight or uncomfortable to achieve the security you need. Freedom Independent Agents in most instance will do a medical scan of your head (getting very accurate measurements). This means that your wig will be as accurate as possible and fully customised to your particular head shape. This measuring method with the combination of silcione gives you a very secure and comfortable fitting wig... it is smooth and soft (absolutely no itchiness of tightness). It is designed for you only.

This cap and hair also looks absolutely realistic no matter where it parts. It is implanted one hair at a time giving an absolutely realistic finish all over your head (French plaits, ponytails, updo's all possible with this type of cap and implantation) A Great relieve to many who prefer to wear wigs. Other wigs often have wefting or handknotting, both these methods have issues around realism and durability.

I decided to just put a couple of piccies up...if you want to look at a lot of people wearing Freedom Wigs ...go to the Freedom hair facebook page as well, short, long and medium looks there.

The picture here are off my daughter in her 10 inch Freedom Wig and a client in a 4 inch...which obviously can be cut shorter.

Good luck with everything.

Attachments:

Thank you so much...I bookmarked the Freedom Hair website. I really have so very much to learn.

Could any of you help me with ordering my first really great wig? Im very confused about the caps and need advise desperately. Please email me directly with any ideas.

I also am very curious about the different ways to attach wigs so that they look natural. I am very scared of this entire process.

After washing the wig I put a very small amount of hair mold (very very small), anti frizz and hair spray (like one squirt) and mix it together in my hand, then I run it through the wig to make it shiny and smooth again

Don't feel that way, Lexi. There are good wigs for every head...it just takes A LOT of time to find the style/texture/color that is right for you. I think the problem with the blonde hair is that human hair has to be bleached, and bleached, and bleached to get it to blonde. I'm not sure about this, because I don't have blonde hair, but you might be better off with a really, really good synthetic wig in a blonde shade. I see lots of wigs that I like A LOT, but can't wear because they do come in blonde and other light shades.

Hi Cindie

I feel Lexi will be able to find something that fits the bill as well. You are right about blonde hair...most with very very light blonde hair dye it, some companies will use that dyed hair but it is risky as you don't know how much damage is already done to the hair and how often it has been dyed to get to that colour.

The other choice is to work with totally unprocessed hair...but I'm afraid that is often very expensive as there are very few ladies with their own natural blonde hair, even people with growing hair dye their hair...so it is a very rare expensive commodity. But in my experience if you can get unprocessed blonde hair you would only have to put a little colour in it and it would look beautiful and healthy.

Also of course as Cindie has said maybe a synthetic wig will do the trick. As they are often reasonably priced and you should be able to get the colour way that you need.

Good luck.

Rosy

Thanks for all the response. Yes, I know most HH hair is bleached extensively to get it to be blonde enough. Mine is not. Just Nice N Easy, 15 min. I am done. My bio hair before blonding is not dark, but dishwater blonde. Problem with synthetics, they don't last long, they are shiny, and don't come in any colors I would even remotely call blonde. Always ash tones. They in turn look gray or greenish. And then there are a few that come in the true Barbie doll color blonde, which is really my color, but in natural hair, it doesn't look fake obviously (how could it!!) But Barbie colored synthetic hair looks and screams FAKE.

I have had 2 Freedom wigs and they lasted such a long time with a bit of care. Every night I wiped the cap out, I used a wet face cloth or 'wet ones' I think I may have used antibacterial wet ones. The once a month a good shampoo and condition with good products. They may be costly but you dont need to wash as often as actual hair due to the oils not being present. I hardly ever used a blow dryer or did too much too it. I returned my wig for a review after many years and was told the wig was in excellent condition. At one point it the hair had sunbleached so using a good conditioning hair dye we put it back to its original colour. My second one now need to be dyed, but I no longer wear them. I chose to just go without eventually.

Hi Fiji...
I think Freedom on the whole would recommend a weekly hair wash and condition...but if this worked for you. Great.
You look fab without your hair so good on you for changing things up!!
Rosy

Hi and thanks Rose Marie, as I said i sent my original wig back to Murray and he was really thrilled with the condition it was in. I used the approach that less is best, and that included combing. It was a while back so I may have washed them more frequently but I really dont think I did. It has since been stolen but was made back in the 80's if I am right - pre my children and when I was working in NZ. But it was still in mint condition, and it was my favourite of the 2 wigs. Anyway, these things happen. I am now back in Fiji and a lot hotter than Wellington. I did get my second wig on a trip back to NZ, and got a lot of use out of it but then just grew into the natural look. Thank you for saying it looks so good.

Take care and best regards to all the team.

Fiji sounds really nice....can I come visit LOL.

Murray would have been thrilled, he's such a lovely man.

I'll pass on your hello.

Rosy

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service