I was at a salon getting eyebrow tatoos recently and the technician said he has had many clients with alopecia and many of them experience memory loss.
I, myself, have memory loss but didn't think it was related in any way to alopecia...just thought it might be a stress response. Does anyone have this linkage? Just curious.

Views: 132

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have never heard of this one, but I'm going to use it the next time I have a "senior moment"
Interesting.... I definitely suffer from memory loss but have associated it with mid life rather than alopecia.
Over the past three years, since I have had more episodes of patchy hairloss, I have noticed some serious memory loss. I am in my mid-30s and am surprised when I can't recall the name of a book that I am reading. Frusterating. Could be the stress of it all.
So, it's been a while and I thought I would re-read these responses (having forgot them :)).
Many express a co-relation with memory loss and alopecia so I wondered how common this is in the general population. Has anyone seen any research about prevalence of memory loss among non gereatric adults?

Thanks for listing possible causes...here are some more I found. Alopecia isn't one...but oddly others are on the list that are immunologically related (MS).

•Age related memory loss
•Head injury
•Hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism
•Deficiency of vitamin B12, anemia and electrolyte imbalances
•Pseudodementia, that is depression, anxiety and stress
•Alzheimer's disease, Vascular dementia, Fronto-temporal dementia
•Transient ishemic attack, multi-infract dementia or stroke.
•Cardiovascular disorders like congestive heart failure
•Seizures like Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
•Alcoholism
•Encephalitis
•Multiple sclerosis
•Wernickle-Korsakoff syndrome
•Meningitis
•Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease
•Huntington's disease
•Parkinson's disease
•Dehydration
•Barbituites and Benzodiazepines medications
•Amphetamines, marijuana and cocaine can lead to short term memory loss symptoms
No linkage in my case. I have better memory than most people I know.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service