I've been writing a short, light chick-lit/romance novel book (think Meg Cabot or Sophie Kinsella) where the main female character has androgenetic alopecia and doesn't want her new boyfriend to find out. Both main characters are middle school teachers. The book is due out in May 2017.

What I need is a title! Maybe a pun or something on "hair" or "wig," or maybe just something that leaves it a little more coy. My son said it should have the word "secret" in it somewhere.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!

Views: 1401

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Let us know when it goes on sale, I can't wait to read it!

Thanks Sunshine, I certainly will!

"Fading Glory"

I mean our hair is our crowning glory and, having aga myself, I've watched mine slowly fade away.
I wish you the best of luck with your book! It's so rare to see a main character in print or film with hair loss it's about time!

"A Smooth Secret"
or "A Teacher's Smooth Secret"

Good luck with your book! That's exciting! Please keep us updated.

A few more ideas... slow afternoon for me, plus this is fun! Lol.
Beauty Secrets
Private Lessons (or Private Love Lessons)
Show & Tell

Wow, you guys are great! Thanks so much.

I particularly like Fading Glory.

Here's a possible prototype for the cover right now. I was thinking of Only Twenty-Five because that's how old the main character is when she starts losing her hair. I could also see Fading Glory working with this same cover artwork.

What do you think?

Attachments:
I like your cover and the simple phrasing. Another option could be "Fall Out"

Secret Plight of Her Crown and Glory.

The Wind Tells a Secret

Sounds like something I would read! How about "Wigging Out Over Love"? or "Wigging Out About Love". 

I think she should tell him right away. The idea of hiding it seems detrimental to the burgeoning relationship and... if he's not going to be cool with it, then he's not the guy for her.

No need to hide.
Beautiful as is.

Just ' underneath.'

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service