Hello I am french there is a new treatment the molecule is interlekin 2 in low dose and the drug is aldeslekin it is the professor passeron of France who discovered in low dose it works the immune system. He made a clinical trial on 5 patient 4 had a regrowth and at the end two years no relapse and the hair continues to grow. In 2015 he launched a clinical trial on 80 patients, the end of the trial will take place in 2018, I am part of the clinical trial that I will start at the end of the month for there is no effect Secondary view that it is under low dose and that it is a cure on 4 week for those who want the method I can reveal it to you I but the links of the studies

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02557074?term=passeron&r...

http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamadermatology/fullarticle/1876052

Views: 5919

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

very high dose. I tried different dosages.
facial hair 100% man. meaning brows lashes and beard gains!!! I just shaved my mustache this morning, I had a goatee.
I found a way to fund it let's say...

i used xelijanz in half pill a time day  and also so low i have had a incredible ammount of hairs back, but i have had a month herpes so i decided to stop.

The only growth I have w xeljanz is beard but its completly white, brows are slow and white, does the color come back? On 20mg a day. My choice is I either look old or like a chemo patient.Im okay with bald head, its just the bare face w out eyebrows. I dont feel so stark bare with white scruff, but its patchy
with low dose for 7 months, eyebrows came very little and white.
on high dose they came full dark in 2,3 months

what I realize is that we are all different, some alopecians have good treatment with 5mg a day while other need more than 20mg...

I've just started the xeljanz. 5 mgs twice daily. I've had minor bouts of AA in my past (one noticeable, one only noticeable to me,) but this one has hit me hard- head, eyelashes, eyebrows, some body hair. Now i can tell your not keen on giving out dosage amounts and as I am just in the early stages ramping up isn't on the forecast for awhile, but can I ask, you mentioned you were a body builder which suggests you had a lot of muscle, therefore probably weighed a decent (but healthy amount). I'm on the low side weight wise (52 kgs- gaunt would be a good description) so was wondering if, in your opinion, dosage can be weight dependent. 

i have absolutely no judgement in what you are doing, if I found a cheap supply and my blood work was coming back reasonably I would be popping anything that worked...... Losing my hair has been dreadful and i feel I've lost a huge part of my identity.  we all do what we have to, to get through our situations.

I'm also keen to know the I-2 dose but doubt that will be released anytime soon. Anyhow- does anyone know the cost comparison between xeljanz vs I-2? 

Frida

start low dose, like 10mg a day, if it doesnt work then increase,,, thats what i did basically until it worked, if I had to go to let's say 40mg then I would go to 40,,, it's just a number, I want the results,

Hi return to life,

You gave me some advise earlier about Xeljanz. Currently I've upped my dose to 15 mgs so have been on Xeljanz at 10 mgs for 8 weeks and 15 mgs for 3 weeks. My results so far are a bit slow. My eyelashes appear to slowly be growing back and I have a tuft of normal hair growing on my head with scattered white hairs here and there. Some of my body hair has returned. Im not sure if i'm expecting too much to have more results at this stage or if I'm just a slow responder or (horrors) not a responder. I am thinking of going up further. As I haven't tapped a cheap enough source of Xeljanz (jealous of your source but i have a slightly more affordable source then some so for that i am grateful) I am kind of limited to 20 mgs but was wondering if you think, or if you have, gone up to a huge dose, let's say hypothetically 30 mgs for a few months to get things going, if you think you could return to a lower dose once everything was growing again?

For me coping without my hair is very distressing, I'm willing to deal with most side effects (of which I've had a bit of acne and a bit of a spacey feeling.) Could I ask you what you think I should do? I am my immunologists first patient using Xeljanz so while he is super supportive and wonderful he doesn't have a lot of comparative history to get advice from. Indeed I'm often printing out journal articles ect for him to look at.  Before this very bad episode- lost all my head hair, started losing body hair, I'd had two very minor AA episodes which resolved quickly with just a mild topical steroid... I am 35,  this episode started  December 2016 and it took about 6 months to all fall out....

Anyhow, sorry to bug you - just interested in your experience and if I can get similar results by doing a short term splurge before going down in dose again...

Frida (deb)

hi Frida,
no one can predict what will happen. biological drug and immunity is tricky. you could do same thing twice and results would be very different.
don't underestimate side effects. high dose can give Severe acne eruption or high cholesterol. in this both cases you will be force to stop. am not talking about 1 or 2 zits... imagine being force to stop despite the results.
from what I understand it's been only 2 months u started therapy. it's still early, especially if you had universalis for a long time. am confident something will work, is just a pathway that need to be block.
increase it to 20mg for now... track your progress. pictures don't lie.
anyways you can't do crazy dose until u have a cheap source.
reassess the plan at month 5 or 6.
give update cause am interested to know.
stay strong.

No one is judging you, but is there a particular reason why you always dodge the question of dose?  Knowing the dose that worked for you might help others, even if it's just to realize the dose is way too high for them to ever consider, or to hypothesize about the hows and whys.

Are we talking 30mg / day?  300mg?  A gram?

Also, how much do you weigh?  Do you find you typically need higher doses of other medications in order for them to work?

sorry for the late reply.
I give precise answer in private. I don't want to encourage anything other than the dosage regimen in the eye of the public. you never know...
am not a big guy, pretty muscular bit am not big, 160lbs, other medications I take normal dose.
Hello Kevin, do you have any update to your treatment?

bonjour j'ai toujours de petite repousse au niveau des cheveux j'ai eux quelque poils de barbe mais qui ne tienne pas il est trop tot encore c'est une periode de année pour voir des resultats significatifs

je vous mais un lien au etats unis un essai clinique va etre mis en place de interlekine a faible dose pour les maladies auto immune mais la société eli lily veut crée un il2 special pour les maladies auto immune 

alors qu'il existe deja proleukine société novartis

http://www.xconomy.com/indiana/2017/07/24/eli-lilly-pays-nektar-150...

https://www.nature.com/news/drug-companies-flock-to-supercharged-t-...

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service