So I feel like my issue is still a mystery. I feel like I have been struggling with no answers or real help. Just emptying my wallet on expensive over priced shampoo products and oils that do not seem to help. Most oils actually make it worse. I eat lots of protein as well as veggies and have tried all kinds of special herbal supplements such as horsetail, silica and oat straw. Many hair vitamins... I have been having abnormal breakage for years and its come to the point that I knew it would . And this thought always brought me to balling tears while sitting at my hair dressers or dermatologists offices or in the shower when it is happening. Chunks just ripping out. I do not have bald spots. My hair at my crown is very weak. It is like it is growing in weak...and frayed....I feel I have tried everything., The breakage is so far back that even thickening sprays are not helping me look normal any longer...my hair looks awful down....I have always tied to look feminine because as a teenager I was made fun of by other girls , saying I looked like a guy and sounded like a guy. I have a bigger build and strong jaw line. My voice is a little deep. This has been really hard for me to deal with by myself....with many just thinking its all in my head. Its not. I  became excited when I thought  I found something new when reading. The condition Tlogen Effulium , I thought I may have been my answer but I read more into it and that is hair that comes out from the root...I am currently now trying prenatal vitamins, Biotin 5000mcg and taking women's Fortified Probiotic. I am just feeling like nothing I can do will help this.

Views: 137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The problem with AA is that your immune system really calls the shots. No problem taking supplements according to directions. My guess is that you have seen your doctor and they have checked your hormones etc to be sure you do not have to little of one thing and too much of the other. With AA there is almost nothing you can do but take a wait and see. This is my advice to you at this point. Perhaps a trip to a reputable make up counter can help you decide what cosmetic changes you might want to try. When my daughter developed AU we went to Mac Makeup and they helped her with eyebrow drawing directions, lashes and how eyeliner works best and she came out of there feeling like her old self again. Then if your hair is weak at the crown you might want to learn more about toppers rather then jumping to wigs. There are many folks on AW that are here to give you guidance and advice to get back to your happier place. I know a lot about hair replacement options and so do others so ask away. 

Thank you very much for the time you took to reply. Yes my primary care has done blood work as well as dermatologist.  I literally do not know anybody in my personal life or have any connections in my personal life to anyone who is dealing with this. When I found this website I felt some hope. I actually am not familiar with toppers.That is something I will now look into. I have been buying hair bun pieces but ordering online I keep sending back because the color was deceiving. My hair dresser does not know how to color the curly hair pieces without ruining the curl pattern of the piece. 

Although I am finding that you can not just find what you want by typing in what you want. in a search bar....I would want a darkbrown/golden brown caucasian curly human hair topper....I typed that in and I get websites that have toppers but not what I typed in...or it is websites that are from china that have beautiful pictures but everyone states its a scam,,,,any direction of where to order from that may have what I am looking for and  is authentic? 

Erica..I read your post and can say that you should feel comfort in being a part of AW. I have been dealing with AA for many years. It comes and goes and is most frustrating
I agree with another post that the root of the problem is from within and not from the outside and no matter how many supplements or tricks one may try, for the most part we have to work around the condition. I recently purchased a topper which is amazing and nobody even knows. Everyone says they love my new hair style. I know for me the topper has lifted my spirits and I love wearing it because of how good it makes me feel. All here at AW are here for you! Reach out any time. :)
One more thing..please dont order any topper or wig online. Go to a local wig store or place that sells wigs and toppers. You need to try things on and see what works best for you. Staff at these places are very helpful and I have found that they want the customer to be as happy as possible.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service