My fiancée wants to know what is the likelihood this can be cured?

My alopecia areata started 6 weeks ago.. my bald spot is the size of my fist if not bigger. I'm all down with shaving my head but the fiance is a little hesitant. she thinks that there is some sort of magical cure. In all of my studying up on it I haven't really found anyone who has regained all of their hair and if they gained any is wasn't in a timely manner. There are a lot of "cures" and "treatments" but not a "cured" or "treated" ratio or percentage. What is the honest likelihood of my hair growing back? I'm currently getting cortisone shots in my head. Last appt was 62 shots. The bald spot has doubled since getting the shots. I just want to shave my head and get it done with, this is more or less a formality for my fiancée.

Views: 102

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Aaron,
I agree with what everyone is saying to you here. Alopecia is so unpredictable anything can happen...at any time
My question to you is how long have you and your Fiancee been together and are your daughters hers as well?

Best of luck,
Jeffrey
We've been together about 2 years. The older daughter is hers but I've adopted her and the youngest (8 months) is mine.

PS Everyone.... I'm bald!!!
Hopefully this will not be something to split hairs over!
Now Go Love your Bald Self!

Jeffrey
Too funny Jeff!
lol...Jeffrey that's funny...thanks for sharing :)
Woo Woo... Welcome to the club ;)
Awww, Cheryl..... did you really mean to say "Rooting"??? *groan*

Aaron, she didn't mean it.... RJ's been spiking her pop again. :)

By the way, Congrats on being newly-bald.... it's ace, isn't it? :)
It's something alright. Once the just shaved feeling subsides I will give it a straight 10.
Yeh, shave it off no sweat...besides it looks damn sexy either way.
The only problem is in your own mind...so stop waiting for it to grow and get on with your life.
I cried for 39 years...wasted so many beautiful years thinking I wasn't normal.
What is normal......????????? Only what society dictates right!
Good Luck Aaron
Control your Destiny! I think that is what it is all about!
We can't wait for the reaction part of this story! What fun to be online with you through this! Maybe we should all be on here with each other for such turning points AS THEY HAPPEN. Chapter One, Chapter Two, Chapter Three...
As The World Turns.....

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service