Hello fellow Alopecians! This is the first picture I have taken without hair and the first time I am exposing myself to the world...Without Hair! Please let me know what you think and also how you have faced the outside world... leaving your wig at home! Thanks !

Views: 1134

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thanx
Although u r very pretty, I hope that someday you'll be able to face the world wigless :)
I also hope that one day I can face the world without a wig on my head... We shall see. I will definitely let you guys know when I do! thanks all for your support
You are absolutely beautiful. Good for you for sharing the pic!
Thank you!!!
This is out of my league, but I know this: Every body dance to a different beat. I think when it's your time, your going go there. Take baby steps sweet pea.
I have been going without head covering since 1982 ... and then it grew back sparse with a Bald top! I finally shaved it off and have been going bald again for almost 4 years. I wouldn't have it any other way. I guess I'm not looking for looks and I wont allow other peoples discomfort spoil my day. I only remember I'm bald, when I smile at someone and they pretend not to see me and look away. Ugh ... then it is they who brought my hair loss to my attention. Not to worry ... I think of it as their problem, not mine. Most of the time ... I look at people and they look back, or I smile, and they smile back at me. It's nothing to worry about.
The real fear is in your own head, and you can be the creator of your own demise. I told you before ... we can be our own worst enemies! I shall not let anyone ruin my days, or my future because they have issues with baldness. NOT MY WORRY!!!
Go ahead and be free ... it is your life and it would be a crying shame to waste your freedom over the likes of strangers on the street who you will never meet ...who don't know you, who don't care about you personally as they "DON'T KNOW YOU". So why be concerned about what anyone thinks. They aren't running after you to point the finger, they aren't giving you a helping hand, and they aren't coming home with you to say "I DON'T LIKE WHEN YOU WALK BALD" They aren't there when you go to sleep, or kiss your daughter good night and tuck her into bed. They are not with you or by your side, and by the time they see you ... they have already walked by. They do not carry your memories back home with them, only you wish to carry the fear of what they might think. You know they have forgotten about you, the minute you're gone. "SO WHO GIVES A DAMN" They haven't been there to cry with you, or know your sadness, they aren't with you in your darkest moments, so why fear them. It's all head games we tell our self, and it is not relevant, it's not real!
What is real ... is ... you are a beautiful woman without hair ..."END OF SUBJECT"
Trust me... once you walk out that door, you will find a new world waiting for you.
It is your human right to be happy and free to experience the joys of the wind "ON YOUR BALD HEAD"
Stop the wishing and the dreaming of things that are not possible or relevant. Your hair is not growing right now, and wishing will keep you prisoner. There is more of a chance for you becoming a millionaire, than your hair growing back..."SO WISH AND WORK TOWARDS SOMETHING YOU CAN HAVE CONTROL OVER"
Of all places ... you live in the most diverse city in the entire world "New York" where anything is possible.
There are women who walk bald in New York ... we just need you, to let this number grow.
SO ... BABY STEPS OUT THE FRONT DOOR ... AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS!!!!
Remember VP, it is your human right to be at peace with who you are. Go enjoy your fresh new look without covering and enabling society to get away with ignorance in regards to being bald.
Also, a good question to find out how one feels is ask them "WHEN I WALK BALD OUTSIDE IN PUBLIC, WILL YOU BE WALKING BESIDE ME?" Never feel that you are lesser, if the answer isn't what you need to hear, it means they are insecure about others opinions just as you are. So they need to work through it just as you do. "Do you realize, that by the time you are 60 years old, you will wish you had the youth and beauty you have now. Well you will have the beauty, but not the youth ,and to lose those precious years worrying and only live with regrets would be wrong. You have the youth, you have the looks and you have the ability to shine, just the way you are!!!!
I love the self confidence thast you have and all of the kind words that are you spread. The inspiration that you give me is incredible. Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope to be of such help to someone else one day! Lots of Love !
You are wonderful. I could not have said it better myself, though I've been trying to express those sentiments since 1994
What a cool looking woman ! Very nice pic too.
I think you look great. Strong features and cheekbones!
I have to tell you how confidant, brave, and beautiful you really are for exposing your beautiful bald head! Here's a little bit about how I exposed myself to the world. :)

I do not have alopecia, but chose to shave my head for good reasons. I ended up loving the end results, but was too scared to go out in public for fear of what others would think/say, which lead me to start wearing wigs in public. At first I would only take off my hair at home or a close friends, who ended up convincing me that I as long as I like it, I shouldn't be worried what everyone else thinks!

I started out by going natural to run quick errands, then slowly stretched my comfort zone and started leaving the wig at home more often. Ever since I shaved my head, I feel more beautiful and bold than when I was wearing hair! I wish you the best with leaving your wig at home like I did, it's a great feeling of empowerment too I feel. *Also your eyes are freaking gorgeous! Great arch on your eyebrows too, they're perfect!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service