Anyone taking part or heard of the Pfizer Clinical trial in phase 2B/3?  I have alopecia and it got really bad over the last year - likely due to stress and bad sleeping habits.  Within a span of 2-3 weeks I was losing hair rapidly - lost all my eyebrow hair, eyelashes etc.  

I have been approached to take part in the trial but am worried about the potential side effects (this is likely a JAK2 or JAK3 drug).  They say that this is supposed to be 'better' then tofa but again, unsure if I want to take part.

I am just contemplating the pro's vs the cons..... i.e. - internally im a healthy 36 year old male... externally - i really want my eyebrows back and the psychological impact that alopecia has is annoying!

Thoughts?

Views: 1220

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have no input, but are you sure you have the drug name/number correct? there are a few with similar names, and the one you posted isn't turning up any google results

Generally these trials are very closely supervised so the risk is low. Especially at a phase 2b/3

thanks!

edit: I suspect you meant PF-06651600

You're right it is PF-06651600!...

In appr three years we will all be treated PF-06651600. It is the breakthrough med.

Thanks - did you read this somewhere?  I was speaking to a derm yesterday who mentioned the same thing?

This is not a new trial. The medication is in development since 2016 and will

expectedly be marketed in 2022. In the trials nobody had any side effects.

It will be the standard treatment for AA.

hello nor there is also the ctp 543 and he a step ahead and better result against I doubt that it is in 2022 because there is still a test phase is the last phase 3 I say more 2024 if all is well. ctp 543 is a derivative of ruxolitinib and jak to pfizer that of xeljanz.

Do you know if JAKs can impact conceiving or pregnancies?

Sounds promising but I hope we don't have to wait until 2024 for it to come out.

There is someone on the xeljanz thread who is in this trial. Cassidymain . You could reach out to them for more information.  The side effects and risks that one is willing to take is such a personal decision. Personally, I would do anything for my hair.  I would take the side effects of jak inhibitors any day over being bald. 

Hi All  - i started the trial last week.  Although this is a double blind trial - i think I do have some meds as 1 of the tablets taste a lot different then the others :)... 

How long did it take for people to start to see any growth? Week 1 is done !

Hi!  How is the trial going for you?  Any side effects?

HI THERE, HOW DID IT GO? DID YOU DECIDE? I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR MORE ABOUT IT, VERY INGENIOUS OF PFIZER.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service