Hi,
I have been watching Crowned Regals videos and visiting her web site. Shes a great lady who is as real as they come. I shaved my head three days ago, didn't cry much, but the thought of getting a wig is very emotional, just wondering if anyone else has felt this way. I know that CR felt this way. I have been noticing that this seems to be a hard step. I wear scarves that I am making myself and wear a nike skull cap underthem.

Thanks
Eileen

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The eyeliner is tattoo also. I went back to the lady, who really does nice work, and told her I was unhappy with how dark and wide the eyeliner is. At no cost, she put a layer of lighter color over the black liner to try to soften it. I think it helped a little.
Hi Mary-

To lighten the darkish line and enhance the whole eye.....what about brushing on a fast swipe of taupe eye shadow? It's a good little trick for evening out the color of the lid and takes just a second.It's close to skin shade but a little more beige...you don't need to be overly precise with it to get the effect. Will bring some to San Diego next week.
Thanks, Thea. I look forward to seeing you and getting your input about my eyeliner and brows, and learning some tips at the Bald Girls Do Lunch event on January 3!

See you soon,
Mary
I wish I could join you ladies, sounds like it's a fun time, I am so blessed that I have a computer and can communicate with you this way.

I hope you have a wonderful time.

Eileen
In your profile picture I love your brows and from what I can in the picture I don't think your eyeliner is to dar, They both look very nice really.
I looked at a high-quality vacuum wig a few months ago, after hearing how great they are. The woman showing it to me took hers off, and I could see a small pool of sweat inside the plastic (or whatever it's made of) cap. I'm glad they work for some people, but I couldn't stand the heat and sweat.
I fought having a wig. Almost as much as I fought getting a mini van!!
I've had AA for 10yrs & have just recently had to resort to shaving my head. I had 2 wigs, right after I was diagnose with AA. I HATED them!
But, I just purchased 2 new ones & the last one I purchased I LOVE!
I am still a bit self conscious about it.....I"m constantly asking my husband, "Does it look real.........can you tell....does it look bad?" Almost as bad as asking if something makes my butt look big.
I think it all comes down to confidence, support, & self esteem. If you accept it you can pull anything off. If your confident, no one will notice. If that makes sense.
I envy those who can go bald.....24/7. I haven't gotten there, yet.
Hope this helps.
I'm not there yet myself. Sometimes and not very much I go without head cover in the house. I still feel much better covered up. Yes your right I do envy anyone who can go bald with no worries cheers to those folks. I am still not ready to have a wig a personal choice. Yes I would be the same as yourself, asking if it looks real can you tell etc. Just the same or the worry of it coming off. I'm happy that you could find something you find comfortable. It sure makes this thing easier.
Well take care.

Happy New Year

Eileen
What kind of new wigs have you gotten that you love? Do you like them because they're more comfortable? If so, I'd love to know what the difference is - are they constructed differently? What makes you like them more.

The wigs I have that I can't stand are fairly nice Rene of Paris ones. What gets to me is the binding and itching around the band, and the heat being held onto my head. I wish someone could construct a more comfortable wig.

Thanks for any info you can share!
Mary
I think I'll ask my husband, "Does this wig make my butt look big?" LOL!
Had a good chuckle on that one girl.

Eileen
I know what you mean, but personally for me wearing a wig was almost what I had to do - I hate not having hair and I feel quite cold and vulnerable without it - its a wierd feeling for me and although I hate wearing the wigs sometimes, they are also a bit of a defence for me against the world. I have had 4 so far, and would just say that they dont fit everyone ( I have a small head apparently!!) but the last two I got have this monofilament stuff in them and they are much better - they also look really nice- dont know if you have someone to go with you but it really helped me to take my other half. Hope you get on ok.

Ali x

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service