I have been wearing wigs for about 7 years and have yet to find a shampoo and conditioner that works well on my wigs. I used to wear synthetic wigs and i used Revlon or Paula Young wig shampoo for them and it worked ok but the hairs would become very frizzy after about 2 months where you could tell i was wearing a wig. Also they smelled really bad. I have been wearing human hair for about 5 years and have tried multiple products, including those. I have tried directly applying the shampoo and conditioner to the hair and soaking it and they both have similar results.

I work in fast food and i know this takes a toll on my wigs. Recently, i bought a separate wig for work and one for normal wear but I'm still having the same problems. My one i use for work has gotten so bad that i cant wear it anymore because i feel like i have to brush it every ten minutes so it doesnt tangle or poof. I soak them normally twice a week with a shampoo from jennyshairsence.com and then apply rinse out conditioner. It feels great and smooth until it dries and becomes poofy and tangles. Straightening it usually helps a little but not for long. This is the best product i have used so far.

I have tried ion for greasy hair to help with getting the oils from work out of it and it dried it out too much even when i would put a good conditioner on there for about 10 minutes afterwords. Also i have tried Pantene for all hair types and have seen no difference with that.

I end up buying new wigs about every 3-4 months and i do not have the money to buy new ones so often.

Is this only a problem because I work in fast food or is this normal?
Is there any trustworthy sites that i can buy good quality wigs for less?

Thanks for any help! :)

Views: 31044

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Olove moisturizing shampoo and conditioner are great for my human hair system!I also use Loreal sulfate free ever cream deep nourishing masque for extra softness!

After 30+ years in the business I have learned that shampoo and conditioner are a very subjective topic whether you are speaking about natural hair of processed hair. What one person loves, another will hate. I suspect, and it has been taught that it is the scent that really sells shampoo and I validate this by what my clients say.
Try anything that is a conditioning shampoo, not a volumizing shampoo. I believe that shampoos that creates volume are stripping the hair of oils and that is never needed in hair that is not attached to a head. ACV is also quite stripping, I would avoid that one.

Garner for color treated hair is great and cheap!!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service