Hi guys!

How do you make your doctor to run all the tests for you? Just to know for sure what has triggered alopecia (if smth besides stress)? Mu dermatologists said "it's stress" and suggested steroid injections. 

That is my 3rd time losing about 80-90% of my hair. First time was puberty period, 2nd time I gave birth and my thyroid failed. So I'm pretty sure smth's off this time too. 

What doctor are you going to?

Thank you

Views: 2375

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You have heard of drug side effects, I presume. Some people get rashes, some people have allergic reactions, some people have anaphylactic shock. Vaccines are drugs. Some people have bad reactions  -- for a variety of reasons

Not everyone gets a drug reaction does not mean the drugs do not cause a reaction. Pretty basic concept 

"If it does not happen to all'..... stress happens to everyone. So do hormonal changes. Most women have babies and do NOT develop autoimmune disease. Obviously, this is a combination lock of bad factors. My point is that BUT for his vaccines, my son would have his hair. His doctor just referred to another case of identical twins, vaxxed and unvaxxed. I do think it is a primary injury to the immune system and now that we have one in five people with an autoimmune disease of some sort (compared to a fraction of that a generation ago), it's time to consider whether the huge increase in the numbers of vaccines children get (and immune stimulation) is a reason behind the global growing epidemic of widespread, diverse immune system disease, including alopecia.

Then in the case of those who are vaccinated who do not have any autoimmune disease, what say you then??  How can that be??

Then that would make your argument contradictory, because if everyone that gets a vaccine and does not experience some sort of autoimmune disorder, then vaccines are not the cause of autoimmune disease. 

No, as I pointed out -- vaccines are drugs. Some people have drug reactions, some don't . Not all reactions are the same. As people get more and more vaccines (injected drugs that modify and stimulate the immune system by design), the number of drug vaccine adverse events will increase. As it has. 

Have you ever looked at your diet for being the issue of your autoimmune disease? I started with AA 3 years ago, had total hair loss on my head(smooth as could be, zero regrowth). I went on a paleo diet and had about 80% regrowth, but the other 20% was smooth as could be, no regrowth in those spots. That was after 12 months on a strict paleo diet. So I went back to my normal eating and drinking habits and then all my scalp hair fell out again.(noticeably more after consuming beers) along with my arm/leg hair. It also started on my beard at this point. I knew I wouldn’t be able to handle it mentally if I lost my eyebrows/eyelashes. So I did a lot of research and found a successful doctor who has 20 years of research and science behind him with proven success stories. I ordered his book for $12 on Amazon and immediately went to work reading it. I learned ALOT in 4 days of reading. It gave me answers as to why I had good success on paleo but not 100%. I’ve been on the diet for 9 days now I have hair on all my scalp(even those pesky spots that grew no hair), the hair on my arms and legs is growing back. It has all started as white, but is gradually turning black(my natural hair colour!). The book is The Plant Paradox by Dr.Gundry. It is a very informative read. This is after having numerous doctor appointments, dermatologist visits, 1000’s spent on Naturopath, and many tests ran with no change. 

I've heard of Dr Gundry, I most certainly will look into checking the book out!  I just know that there has to be something that all people with Alopecia share as far as a commonality that causes this disorder, something irrevocable that is known to all those who suffer with this.  Its so hard to tell because autoimmunity and inflammation can be caused by so many things, but with people like us where our immune system targets the hair follicles is still a mystery

I agree to some extent. 

I’ve had AA on and off from the age of 8 and it’s progressiy worsened. First when a very close family member died, then again a small circle on my head when my favourite grandmother died. I lost more when I took medication to halt my period when I was on holiday, I lost the whole of my hair on the back of my head when I split my head open. Most recently I have lost birth eyebrows, half my eyelashes on one eye and all my head hair and this has stayed this way for about a year so far. Each time this has worsened due to stress. I have been told it can be stress, diet, head injury, genetics and hormone imbalance. I myself have clearly dealt with all of these including a genetic link as my grandmother also suffered from AA as a child and my mother more recently in her 50’s. 

I believe stress may not necessarily be the original factor, but it definitely contributes and it can be your trigger which sets off an episode. 

I have now fully come to terms with the fact that my hair may never be back to “normal”, but I will stress that it has taken me a long time to reach full acceptance. It has been a journey and I still do wish this never happened to me, but fuck it you have to live with what you’re given and if you can’t change it without injections or constanstant tests your whole life then you’re just going to have to get used to it. 

Turns out I have a decent head shape and people think I’m brave as hell. There are definitely worse things in life. X

what is SMTH???  

A quick Google says smth = something

Thank you everyone  for your responses!!! Will check my hair through doctor's data)

Hi:  Never posted in this group  but had alopecia since age 12 and hair has come and gone over life...now 56.  Many things tried and did not work long term.

In last few years, the whole concept of Mast Cell Activation Disorder has come to light.  I'm not sure how it all fits but I have an elevated Tryptase blood level and just recently found out I have HAT - Hereditary Alpha Tryptasemia.  They have just developed the genetic testing to find this.  Research has come a long way over the years but all my life had various skin/body struggles and this explains a lot.  It is so new, I don't think it has a billing diagnostic code.  This may be the tip of the iceberg to many autoimmune conditions and other things like chronic fatigue and fibro.  At  present they can only manage some of the symptoms with meds but research is still happening and hope for the future.

So I suggest anyone with alopecia that keeps having troubles should get their doctor to order tryptase in their blood work.  Apparently about 6% of the general population have it elevated but only a small percentage are symptomatic.  Stress for me is a big link and it pushes my mast cells into gear to be more reactive and dump chemicals into my system.  For me usually about 4 months after a stressor my hair would fall out more.  The chemicals like prostaglandins have been linked to hair loss.  Not sure if I will get better but at least helps to have a reason for my strange troubles.

https://www.niaid.nih.gov/research/hereditary-alpha-tryptasemia-faq

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service