Hey Sisters! We need to take a survey. A few of our sisters are feeling men are not attracted to bald women. I'm asking all bald women who have found love while sporting that breath taking, beautiful and bald head please be counted.

Brothers! If you met your woman while she was sporting that breathtaking, beautiful and bald head, please stand up and be counted.

Oh and PS, please let's remember there is a world outside of AW -- there are many who are not being counted.

So to my sisters and brothers; Heads Up! And let the truth be told.

Views: 4547

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i met my wonderful boyfriend almost 3 years ago, and he reassures me all the time , that he is not with me for what is on my head BUT WHAT IS IN MY HEART, he is just a giving and wonderul person, and has the same morals that i do, he believes that there isway too much emphasis put on women,s hair and products today that it is sickening, and i feel so blessed, and i knw that god send him to me for a reason, i hope that everyone with alopecia , is as luckly as i am, god bless you all.
I met my boyfriend over 3 years ago when I had hair half way down my back. We were friends up till the end of this summer and now he is my boyfriend. We live together and are in a fantastic, loving relationship. He knew me with hair, and then he knew me bald. But he fell for ME, not my hair :)
My 11 yr.old daughter is in the 6th grade this year and she was very nervious to start Middle school but she has tons of friends and a few admirers of the male kind :).She goes all natural,no wig or head covering,compleate total beautiful baldness!
@ Rebecca, we can all learn something from your little lady. Wow! God bless her.
She is my hero! I have meet some outstanding strong beautiful people in our community who also have Alopecia,at our Alopecia meetings some of the ladys who were wigs will take them off for the meeting and I think to myself wow! you should always go without the wig,baldness is so strikeing and sexy,unique,and men do find it very sexy as well.Our group leader dates all the time! :)
@ Rebecca- I’m sure she’s is a hero to many people. I could just imagine the children at her school with ADHD, ADD, physical disorders , and other issues; and this brave, and confident young girl attends their school; my goodness the life’s she saves , the self esteems she builds and the confident she passes on must be breath taking. She's a spokes girl for her entire school and community. I’m sure verbally and of cause with just her presents have a huge impact on all that knows or see her. There can’t be any body there who would say “I can’t” Yes, she’s a hero and amazing!
I am excited to reply to this "survey" because my story is one of a feeling of love and acceptance from those close to me and from those I encounter throughout my daily comings and goings. I truly believe this happened when I began to embrace myself, my body in all it's bald glory. I, myself, realize now that I struggled more with my self consciousness when my hair began thinning at an accelerated rate and I was attempting to hide my large bald spots.

I now show up in the world with my bald head, which does not define me, and find that men, women and even children completely accept me and don't seem to have any adverse reaction to my bald head. I started out wearing hats and scarves for several weeks before talking myself into having the courage, inspite of the fear, to show up in my life bald....at the office, park w/grandkids, home w/boyfriend, I even now forget I'm bald a good precentage of the time.

Biggest change I've made, at the strong suggestion of my daughter, is to start wearing a little makeup. My boyfriend and other men in my life say that my bald head is beautiful and they say one reason is the courage and strength they see. This courage is not absent fear, it's moving forward inspite of the fear.

I promise that I believe loving and accepting yourself is the key that unlocks those walls we will unconsciously bulid and then wonder why people won't or don't get close to us. I was already in a relationship with my boyfriend when I lost about 80 percent of my hair and made a choice to free myself of the stress of trying to manage the 20 percent to cover the whole (it was causing me insanity) by shaving my head. I had begun to reject him and torture him because I didn't like or accept myself, no matter what he said or did. I'm in a 12 step program of recovery and I know all of my work is an inside job so I made a decision (between myself and my God) that I was going to focus on loving and accepting myself and let the rest fall into place and it has.

I hope this helps, but I want to say one last thing that was true for me...when I was trying to hide my bald head with scarves and hats I realzied I was still rejecting myself. If I look to another for acceptance of myself they will always fail...it's not their fault, it's impossible to love someone in such a way that it relieves them of the need to love themselves.

Love and Peace to All. Rose
Wow! Thank you Rose. Such wonderful stories! I can't get no. work done,I'm so excited about reading these stories! :-)
Rose, that is so well communicated and I agree. I don't only think that I am potentially "attractive" because my husband thinks I look good, then if he leaves I worry about the next. I am sure that if by some crazy circumstances I would find myself single again, I would have no problem facing the dating scene bald again.
Rose~
WOW you said it perfectly. Thank you for sharing your story. On many levels your story reflects my own. I had to focus on loving myself, embracing who I am before I can offer anything to anyone. Granted Im still single, but I have an online boyfriend that has known me when I was still battling my hair demons. He tells me now that he notices the change in me. More confident, happier and open. I spend about 95% of my time without any head covering, and I know the times that I do cover up, is because I choose to or its too cold out.
Yes, weather is changing here too, hats are near.and if I choose to, I'll get the wig back on only for warmth. God bless you.
What a remarkable and so true to heart feeling that I can trully relate to. When I first had my head shaved, I wore a hat to the store, and my youngest daughter said..Don't wear that hat, just do it, feel free..." I then looked in the mirrow, took the hat off and jump into the car to pick up my husband. When he saw me without having my head covered, he said "awwww, you showing off"...and I said...our daughter said to take it off, so I did and been wearing it bald ever since. I went to the store and ran into a lot of my church members, what timing! They said it looked very good, but that I was bold and that they couldnot have done that. I will say that you are beautiful with your head. God bless you.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service