Hi everyone

I was diagnosed with FFA just over a year ago.  I have lost a lot of hair mostly on the temples and the front.  I have also experienced serious thining all over my scalp resulting in all my hair taking on an awful 'fluffy' texture as well as new bald patches appearing over my crown.  I take Doxcycline and have also been using Rogaine for about a year but I really am not convinced that either of these things are making a difference as the hair loss continues.  I am now getting to my wits end trying to manage my hair each day and cover up the many problems. I've tried headbands, toppers and many 'thickening products/shampoos' with limited success. I am seriously thinking ditching the meds and everything else then shaving my head so I just don't have to deal with it anymore. I figure this would make it easier to wear a wig permanently and reduce all the hassle of trying to deal with my hair.  I just wondered if anyone else has reached this point and what the experience was like.  Thanks in advance.

Views: 1301

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks CurlyK! I really like the idea of a bonded hairpiece.  I will check into it.  Not sure if it is available in my part of the world (Perth, WA).  

CurlyK, 

My dermatologist recommended me NOT to use bonded hairpieces because they couse even more hairloss. Have you experienced that?

Louise

Louise, my personal opinion is that it depends on how much hair you have lost. For me, I was at the point where my temples were gone and my hair was extremely thin through the crown. Honestly, I looked like Bozo the clown before I did all of my smoke and mirrors with my curly hair. At that point I could care less if the bonded hairpiece made me lose any more hair. I have a wonderful solution that covers my head with a full head of hair and my self esteem came back. I do believe I have lost more hair since bonding but I don’t believe it is a result of the bonding. 

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service