we have a few threads about oral Xeljanz treatment but nothing dedicated to information about the topical form. The cream seems like it would have less systemic side effects (more suitable for children?)

Are the people who have been using the cream getting it prescribed specifically as topical, or are you being prescribed it specifically or are you being prescribed oral and having it prepared as topical?

is there a separate trial being run for the topical version?

Does the topical treatment warrant a distinct information thread separate from the oral treatment?

My son is too young to participate in any trials, particularly of oral medication, but I'm curious what will be available to him in the future

thank you! 

Views: 19231

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the info

Can translate me what says Dr Zhao please 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zjDMVxHDfI

I think the main issue is the cream base. The cream provided by the pharmacy in Philadelphia is less ''aggressive'' than the DMSO cream (just google on DMSO and you will find out it's quite an aggressive cream) base they have been using on the mice in the article. So the drug (tofacitinib) doesn't reach the hair follicles as good as with the DMSO cream base. I am NOT a scientist or whatsoever I am just trying to figure out why people don't have any results yet with the topical tofacitinib. 

And of course the skin of a mouse is way thinner than ours. 

Well at least the balding mice of the world have a good chance for regrowth.

I imagine Dr. King instructed the Philadelphia pharmacy to use the same cream base (lipoderm) as he used to successfully treat that teen girl with topical ruxolitinib. Perhaps Ruxolitinib is a better topical agent than Tofacitinib. But I believe the main problem is that the cream is not penetrating skin deep enough to reach hair follicles. Just speculating here.

My dermatologist would not write a prescription for the topical cream. Anyone have a tube they would want to sell?

I don't know which country you reside in, if you are in the USA, you need to change your dermatologist.

Hello who can translate me this video it makes twice I ask for nobody to return a small service

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zjDMVxHDfI

the important parts related to alopecia areata:

Will patients need repeat treatments?

with each treatment only 15% of the immune cells can be educated by stem cell reeducation therapy so we would need to retreat after 3-6 months then after 1-2 years. 

what are challenges in this treatment?
major challenge is to pass regulations, needs to pass FDA guidelines for cellular product

when will this be ready for USA?

currently we are working with FDA for documentation, hopefully by end of this year we can get FDA approval and we can begin trials. If all goes well in 3-4 years we can go to practical application

THANK YOU CHRIS I am in touch with Dr Yong Zhao by e-mail and telephone in the treatment is feasible in China and in Spain Dr Élias Delgado but in Spain they made try that for the diabetes I you yours informed if he announces me that the treatment is reliable I think of going in China to be handled I you yours informed!

http://www.asturias24.es/secciones/vivir/noticias/por-que-el-pancre...

Use a different Dermott. I got script from a GP.
Hey Guys, I hope all is well.

I have a question for the folks that have started the topical Xeljanz from the compounding pharmacy in PA. Has anyone experienced any itching at all from the cream?

My wife said it itches a little and she feeling a tingling sensation.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service