we have a few threads about oral Xeljanz treatment but nothing dedicated to information about the topical form. The cream seems like it would have less systemic side effects (more suitable for children?)

Are the people who have been using the cream getting it prescribed specifically as topical, or are you being prescribed it specifically or are you being prescribed oral and having it prepared as topical?

is there a separate trial being run for the topical version?

Does the topical treatment warrant a distinct information thread separate from the oral treatment?

My son is too young to participate in any trials, particularly of oral medication, but I'm curious what will be available to him in the future

thank you! 

Views: 19231

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HI has anyone on this group used a Topical JAK in liquid form? My son is using the cream I want the liquid.t the pharmacy told me they could make the liquid but my dr wont prescribe it to me

Hi there - I started using topical tofacitinib in liquid form one month ago (for my eyebrows and eyelashes - I am AU). So far I have had no results at all, but I guess it is still early days? What I can say is that it is EXTREMELY painful to apply - the first week I thought I was going to have to stop as the stinging and burning was so bad (I have a pretty high pain threshold to boot). The application pain has lessened a bit, but it would still be too painful for a kid to bear. However, my reaction may not be typical.

very  interesting- what made u use the liquid over the cream?  I am applying the cream on my son and he doesnt make any reaction and neither do i.  If u apply it to ur scalp does it hurt.  

I didn't decide - that was just the form I received the medication in. I was expecting a cream, but it came in liquid form. I haven't applied it to my scalp as the doctor who prescribed it to me did not instruct me to. I am AU, so I will be starting to take oral Xeljanz in the next few weeks; just trying to get a prescription for it. The topical formulation was a bit of an experiment to see if I got any results while I waited to start the oral meds.

pls keep me posted

Will do.

Hey there,

My Dr. is Dr. King in CT and I asked him about the cream version of xejjanz which he said had little success, i think he said about 1-10 people had success on it. 

It was Dr. King who prescribed the liquid topical to me! He characterised it as a little experiment.

Hi,

Please keep me posted or all of us posted about the topical. We were going to try it for my daughter who is actively losing her hair and has been diagnosed at age 34 with Alopecia Areata. Not encouraged that it has little success-definitely discouraging. I sent Dr. King a note asking him about his protocols for treatment. Have not heard back yet. Hope to hear back soon. 

Be well . I hope you improve with it. Were you on Xeljanz before this or is this your first try with something chemical?

Thank you for your response.

Best,

Leah , Washington DC

Hi,

So the success is really low on the topical. We really need more hope don't we? And we need more targeted meds. Keep us posted. My daughter has AA at 34. She has been pretty devastated by all of it. And I am searching the universe to try to find something to help her.

Best,

leah, Washington DC

Hi Leah - No, I had not tried Xeljanz before the topical. I only just last week got a prescription for it, and have just started. I am continuing the topical as I have it, but so far absolutely nothing. I am trying to stuff down my terror that because the topical has done nothing, the Xeljanz won't either.

And no there are hardly any options. I have AU, and it's completely devastating. Gotta keep trying whatever there is out there.

Xeljanz pill and topical did not work for me.Any one try ruxolitnib topical and work.They both seem to work great on rats maybe humans need a better delivery to the hair folical

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service