Hello everyone,

This is my first bout of Alopecia.  I lost all my body hair in August 2013.  My hair is slowly growing back bright white (my natural hair is dark black - although I'm 33 and had a few grey hairs anyway).  I just wanted to know how do you know when your hair is ok to be dyed?  I feel confident showing off my head without wearing a wig anymore however it is the colour that is holding me back.  If it wasn't bright white, I would be ok with showing if off.  Please will somebody let me know?  I'm a bit scared as I know Alopecia hits you 4 or 5 times sometimes before it stops (if it does).

I had 16 patches on my head including a gigantic patch at the back of my head.  All patches have grown about 1-2 inches and the gigantic one has only just started to grow.  I understand you are not suppose to dye your hair after Alopecia but if my hair does grow back properly, I would want to show it off.

Many thanks, 

Amy

Views: 282

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amy,

I will keep my fingers crossed.  I was under a huge amount of stress too, including my Dad dying.  My hair was really long. At his memorial I wore a pony tail, but above my ears it was bald.  That was in 2010.  I went to my Derm and he gave me high potency steroid solution, it just kept falling out gradually.  By 2012 all hair on my body was gone. I never had any regrowth like you, so I'm not sure what you can expect.  I think keeping your hair short is a great idea.

Going bald like this was never on my list of things to do.  Do you ever dream your hair is back??? I do. It's weird to wake up!

My fingers are crossed for you too x I just keep massaging my head in a calm way & using Alpecin, it seems to be working, although I must admit, I do miss my ponytail x My hair used to be a pain in the bum having to dry and straighten it, & now I would never whinge about having to sort it out x

Also I used to be a massive stresshead (and I mean massive).  Now I stress over 3% and let the rest go over my head.  This illness has kind of put things into perspective for me x maybe it was what I needed at the time, coz my head sure feels a lot clearer now x

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service