I know this subject has been addressed on AW, but I can't locate the discussion.

For the first time in exactly 3 years since becoming AU, I have tiny white hairs sprouting all over my scalp. It's kind of freaking me out to see ANYTHING up there since it's been smooth and shiny for so long.

I had fairly dark brown hair when it all departed, but this fuzz is all white. It seems to be all over my scalp, but I think there also are bare areas. At the same time, I'm also experiencing substantial regrowth of my eyebrows, lashes, and facial hair (but that has come and gone before.) The rest of the body is still bare.

Can anyone who's had this white fuzzy scalp growth tell me if it means anything in terms of "real" scalp hair returning? Am I just going to have a crop of short white fuzz, or is this possibly an indicator of something more? I'm trying very hard not to obsess about this, but it's just so weird for me to have anything up there. I know that it's gotten INTO my head because I had my first "hair" dream in a long while a few days ago. ( ;-)

Thanks,
Mary

Views: 4299

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hi Mary, I'm AA but when my hair grows back it is almost always white, the most recent regrowth I had I noticed the peach fuzz on my forehead and my eyebrows, my hair on my head has almost grown back, but I plucked the final couple of eyebrow hairs out today, your recent pics shows more eyebrows than I've had in years, I always start with the fuzzy hairs first, when your so smooth you really notice them coming back. I hope that this marks a new beginning for you and your hair all grows back! Right now I'm confused by the fact that I have almost all my head hair filled back in and my lost body hair has never really grown back, I'm like a reverse AT, best of luck to you, I hope it just keeps coming back in thank you for sharing with us, it helps so much :)
Thanks, Christine. It's as if AA just likes to mess with our heads. ( ;-) I'll keep everyone posted, but I'm assuming that the eyebrows and lashes are going to stop growing and fall our in a few months. I'm generally an optimist, but not with AA. ( ;-)
Hey Mary the same thing is happening to me! I have some white fuzzy facial hair and some longer white hairs here and there on my scalp soI have been shaving them off until they're ready to commit and #1 grow over my whole scalp and #2 get some pigment going. I'm hoping that this doesn't mean that the patches will come back because I would rather be completely bald than have to shave patches here and there and have the dark spots show thru again. I don't have any growth on my eyebrows or my eye lashes.
I've had the hair dreams too and in the last one I was quite annoyed with the hair in my face!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service