Hey there, this is only my first proper post, so sorry, but its gonna be long :) I started wearing wigs about 2.5 years ago. Starting off first with a synthetic Jon Reneau & quickly moving on to full lace human hair wigs. I have androgenic alopecia or diifuse alopecia areata (they couldn't decide!) Had been loosing my hair since I was 16, so after years of lamenting, I bit the bullet, shaved the head and got into wigs :) Having lost a lot of my confidence over those years, I'm only now starting to sort of gain it back. I've always wanted to learn how to swim & surf, so have been trying but am struggling to find the right set-up of wig (or wigs) to get me through easily. Since I bond my full wig with tape,I don't really have issues with how secure it is, my question moreso is: Is it possible to continue an active lifestyle, including waterpsorts, whilst maintaining a decent looking wig (ones thats attached to your head I mean :))? I can't afford a Follea etc type wig, plus I think most people would scream if I suggested swimming or surfing in them! I buy cheaper FL wigs from China online, thats all I can afford,theres not a lot available n my area plus I like the lengths & realistic part lines of them. However, I could see them easily being ruined by all this water activity + extra washing; my current wig is already drying out and matting a bit.Also, I don't think freedom type wigs would suit due to price and the presence of head stubble :) Does anyone else do this kind of stuff? And how do they maintain the wig or wigs? It's possible I asking for too much, but I'm still not ready to go au naturel :( any suggestions welcome xx

Views: 43500

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you are in the Florida area....

Please check out

www.facialappeal.com

thank you

Susan Rivera LE/LPCS

Hello, i have a question here. Is there any wigs helping grow hair? 

Hi

Not that I know of.

Konnie

I wore wigs for about 3 years due to hereditary thinning thru out the top of my scalp and especially in the front. By letting all my hair just grow and pulling it up underneath the wigs I was able to have a chin length bob without bangs cut and I am now presentable without a wig. I wash every morning before work, as it's very fine and straight, and then finish the drying with a blow dryer set on low. I'm careful to make a point of babying it. I look younger and better with bangs but if I had cut them it would have just accentuated how thin the top front is so I refrained and having longer hair has helped make it look thicker with a little hair spray to help the strands from seperating. I used to perm and color and blow dry and curl and honestly hair cuts with short layers thruout the top aren't really your friend when you have thin hair. Sometimes I feel lazy and don't want to wash it so I then just pop a wig back on. I consider them fashion accessories. To answer your question wearing wigs can improve your own hair if you let it rest and stop trying to fix it. Give it up for awhile. It helped my hair a lot!

Go to CreatedHair.com and choose Shop Online. Go to The Water Wig. It's a beautiful synthetic fiber. Call them they'll explain everything to you.  

It's more expensive than your regular synthetic wig but it looks and feels really authentic and you can wear it swimming, for activities and for daily wear. So it's worth it.

No worries there are lots of wonderful alternatives. You don't have to stop your life at all.

I began creating active wigs because I refused to stop my life from swimming and doing the things I loved most - sports. 

Thank you for the information.

Konnie

My CreatedHair wigs are light in base cap and hair density as I have an aversion to perspiration and anything that is heavy on my own head and
it's vital that the end result be as authentic looking as possible.

We pick our hair right from the pony tails so the hair is virgin,
I respect both of these manufacturers ~
Our cost is a bit less without compromising quality.
Blessings,

Amy

I suggest you can go one called EOZY online store to see me? Where before I had bought some fashion WIS. I think you might be able to go there to look at.

I'm sure there are lots of wig options but a couple years ago when I was looking into something to wear in the water, I ended up getting a head cover made of bathing cap material which had a great grip and was really comfortable. I got it from www.headsuphairwear.com where they have a wide selection of head covers for women with hair loss.

I got a Water Wig by Amy Gibson
Her company is createdhair.com. She has AU and is really compassionate
My wig looks really great I love it I've had it for almost a year
it looks just like my hair and you literally don't feel like you have anything on your head because it's made of all lace
I use tape with it for extra security but if I'm running around just doing errands I usually don't use anything with it but it worked out great
Good luck I hope it works out for you

How are you? I am Lucy, the sales manager of QD Woman Wig Co. Ltd. We are the large manufacturer of human hair products(lace wigs, hair wefts, hair extensions,lace frontals etc) in Qingdao,
China.We can supply you the top quality hair products with competitive price.
If you are interested, please feel free to contact me.
email:womanwig@yahoo.com
web: www.womanwig.com

Attachments:

anyone is interested, please feel free to email me. womanwig@yahoo.com

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service