Hi, I have worn wigs since 2009.... I have had real hair wigs & some synthetic wigs & some fiberfusion wigs? I find that real hair wigs last longer and stay nicer longer (no crunchy end feeling) . I am always worried people can tell I am bald & it is a wig.......... I am disappointed with the latest ones , half & half, I bought 3 of the same style regular 400$ each for $218 so I got 3, well 2 mths in and 2 of em are wrecked......I take them off when I get home and wear an old wig. I am very careful with them. SO be careful when you buy fiberfusion ones that they say can handle heat. AS I Never applied any heat to them it was only sun exposure that cooked them. well let me know what your take on wigs are . Thank you . signed frustrated and bummed out. :) but still smiling :)

Views: 3405

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Lori

I am thinking of purchasing another wig. The one I purchased was sooooooo expensive. I did my research for the city I live in and also looking online. But I didn't want to take a risk buying a human hair wig online for the first time. I'm glad I didn't because it has taken some time to get it right.
We are heading into summer and I think I need to go for something shorter because of the hot summer
Are you able to send me some info regarding the vendor you use.

Thank you

Dianne

Here is my experience ''in a nutshell''. I lost 95% of my head hair permanently & irreveribly a year ago and have been in full wigs 24/7 even to swim & sleep. I now own around 40 wigs,some are EHH SOME ARE INDO/INDIAN HH,some are synthetic,some are Flax/flaxen & 1 =Chinese silk (synth) hair.
I alternate my diverse & varied collection daily & nightly,& with rare exceptions aside,my wigs tend to stay in very good condition. I never expose them to heat except for wearing them outdoors.
No blowdrying flat irons curling wands etc. Yes I like EHH the best but cannot afford many of them
& I do like Indian/Indonesian Human Hair too,also pricey.Most of my wigs are synthetic.
I ADORE long long wigs EXCEPT I sleep in short wigs,All my wigs are custom sewing altered & dermafixed
so they have fantastic vacuum suction tight gripseal on my head even when swimming.
-Marsha MarshaLampert@aol.com

WOW I do not sleep in wigs. No thanks, I need the scalp to breathe. I will lotion my head to keep it healthy. & I have to shave the spots that do come in as tiny dark areas as they are depressing to look at some hair coming in and none or white sporatic spots coming in. that part I don't htink I will ever like. it saddens me. But overall I am accepting of what it is, after all it is what it is ............... I just wish I could go out in whatever style I feel like, but the public has only seen me in this type or my other similar type, I will add a pic soon......................... one day I will say to heck with it. and do it. but just not yet................... Funny I am a strong positive person but the self esteem takes a hit in this dept.

Hi Denise

What lotion do you put on your head? I probably have 25% left of my hair.
I wear a HH wig, that I was told was Indian Remy. Everyone says it looks good. The texture of the hair is quite thicker/coarser than my hair. I have very fine hair.

Thanks

Dianne

I only buy synthetic wigs, only for the reason of cost. They do look good but if you wear them everyday they do start to look wiggy. I do go bald more now then I ever did. I'll look into ace wigs and see what they have.

Thanks for all the information.

:)

Synthetic ! With-out question

Hi! I have synthetic and HH wigs. And I am noticing a BIG difference in quality between my synthetic and between my HH. I do prefer HH, they are more comfortable, and they last longer. I have one very expensive HH wig, i call it Ferrari :) It is by far the most comfy wig, its almost a year old, and its still like new. Its made from unprocessed European hair. The other HH was about 400 $, and when I bought it, it was soft, but now the hair is really dry, stiff and hard. But it still looks ok.
My synthetic wigs are heat tolerant and not. The tolerant ones- I have now bought the fourth RW wig- it really suits my face, it looks soo natural, but it wears off in about 1-2 months. I have other sint. wigs, and they lasted longer, but mostly for about 3-4 months. All wigs I have are long, so maybe thats why they die off so quickly. I would recommend investing in one really Good HH wig, and than having some cheaper synthetic for sports, party, or just to change the look. I have ordered all my wigs online- except the ferarri one :)

ferrari is that how I would google it........... I use swave shampoo and conditioner on my HH ones and it has lasted almost 2 years now. :)

Hehe try to google follea gripper... :) For me its ferrari(because of the price and quality). I use Kerastase shampoo on it, conditioner and some sort of wax, I think its called elixir ultime or something, it protects hair, and I apply it on washed, but dried hair.

--

I am a huge fan of 100% european virgin human hair wigs. I have had mine for two years and it is still going strong! It was SO expensive (think $2300!) but before i was buying a $500-$1000 synthetic every couple years so in the long run it was worth it. plus it looks SUPER AMAZING and natural! worth every penny since i wear a wig every day

Hi Casey,
Since we're both in Toronto I'm wondering where did you go to buy your wigs? And were you happy with the service?

Hi DMF, I got to Continental Hair near Avenue and Bloor. They are amazing there. They even have a private room if you are uncomfortable with people seeing you bald. Everyone there is super nice. They do washing and styling of their wigs too

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service