I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927444

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How is the hair gains? Are you still losing any?

Thanks for bravely doing this and reporting to us!

I will put updates up each month , next update will be in a week and a half.

hello,

"Aquovel"( for dogs) is not jet  available in  France...and I think it will be 'cheaper" than Xeljanz..

I'm waiting for...

Apoquel: oclacitinib will be available in 2015 in France..

Permalink Reply by deveze marc 2 minutes ago Delete

<p>I'm waiting for...</p>" _setvalueurl="http://www.alopeciaworld.com/forum/comment/update?id=2022678%3AComment%3A1213521"'>

hello,

"Aquovel"( for dogs) is not jet  available in  France...and I think it will be 'cheaper" than Xeljanz..

I'm waiting for...

Hey ADML, I was wondering is the progress going with the Xenljanz? 

Hi,

Update coming next week .

Hey hope all is well,
Wondering if you're shaving as they grow? I'm contemplating if i should or not

Why shave off the growth?

Cause they're all over the place... There're not going to grow evenly.. Well, they're not for me

I am just giving an update on my progress with Xeljanz. I have been on 5mg per day (which is 1/2 the recommended dosage) for the past month and have had no side effects. However, I have not had much hair growth either...which was expected given the dosage I have been on. I have seen a decent amount of vellus hair growth at my eyebrows. I am starting the recommended dosage today and am cautiously optimistic about my results for this upcoming month. The half-life if this drug is 3hrs and anyone with AU will likely not see much in the way of results until they take 10mg per day. I am AU. I started out at half dosage for safety reasons and wanted to make sure I did not have sever side effects.  

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service