I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927484

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Two a day. Am not going to decrease further at this point. I started taking xeljanz on June 4 so this will be eight months total on xeljanz.

Before of all public apologize to Dott Who i recived days ago the 2 xelijanz packet..So the only thing i can say to him is sorry.

Second Dear Susan can you respect the other people? Illegal? In Turkey they sell LEGAL XELIJANZ, TO ME THE ONL Y ILLEGAL THING IS THAT IN Turkey (also in Ecuador and other states i discovered some days ago) the same product cost a lot of less that in other Countries...

So please respect the people, best regards.If you not happy go out you from the discussion(in fact you also opened a copy discussion of it) not ask to other people to go out, thank you.

Now how much cost a box of xeljanz in  turkey? three months ago I had spent about 580 Euros

Approx this ammount 

Hi guys I have been AU for 2 years now and I have been on Xeljanz for about 3 and a half months now on 2 tablets a day, I have had some regrowth on the scalp (on the sides mostly) and a lot of regrowth for eyebrows and chest, and few for beard area and eyelashes. I don't have any regrowth on my legs or arms yet.

For about the last month my hair growth has stagnated and I haven't really seen much in terms of new growth. I was wondering if anyone else has faced this and if asking the doctor to increase the dosage to 3 tablets a day would help. I don't seem to have much vellus hair on the scalp just the terminal hair that grew on the scalp.

When I upped my doseage to 3 pills a day, plus added 10,000 mcg of Biotin, my resistant bald spots started filling in and I noticed a HUGE difference in my growth.

Hi all,I'm Kevin from Glasgow in freezing cold Scotland and I'm new to this forum I'm 52yrs old and have been AU for 35yrs,I have been browsing on here for a couple of months and find all this talk regarding jak inhibitors very exciting indeed,and I would like to wish everyone using these every success because unfortunately tofacitinib is not approved in the UK and even if it was I certainly could not afford it.There is almost no information available here which is imo shocking.I would be grateful if someone could possibly bring me up to date regarding topical ruxolitinib and the on going trials and when will the results of these trials be released,well that's my first post complete and thanks for reading.

Hi Kev, I wanted to send you a warm welcome to freezing Glasgow although I don't have any information about topical Ruxolitinib or its trials. Why don't you start a discussion on here asking your question? Hopefully someone will be able to respond to you. Wish you the best!

Hi Dudeman - I've been on Xeljanz 3 pills a day since July. I have hair all over my body except underarms.

On my head - I have sparse white hair all over that is about 2 1/2 inches long. Under that, I can see that my scalp is covered with new hair growing in, which is a mixture of white and dark color (i'm a natural blonde.)

I DO have eyelashes - all very light. What I don't have is any eyebrows yet. I'm reading the next post below this one (Xeljanzmiracle) and she added 10,000 mcg Biotin daily. I'm going to give that a try.

It's a fun journey!

Heather

I think biotin rly helps
Congratulations on your regrowth HS! The light hairs do get dark in time. I hope the Biotin helps.

Also i noted when hair come back they come back dark and i was blonde ...very strange.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service