I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927820

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi.

I am going to Turkey tomorrow morning, should I give my daughet to pills every day from day 1?

Ang dr King wrote to us yesterday :-) So 20 mars we are goring to U.S :-)

Then maybe we can try your advice about the co-pay card :-) and since Turkey can not make the cream, the T topicical cream :-) and he explained in the mail why, maybe we get this also.

That's WONDERFUL Aurora! Give your daughter 2 pills a day, one in the morning and one in the evening

thanks.

She has taken the first pill now:-)

She is exited:-) 

I mars we are going to U.S to see dr King.

We paid 10 635 Turkish lire for 6 packets with 56 pills at Rebul 1895 pharmacy.

And they gave us three nice parfumes free :-)

By the time you guys see Dr. King next month your daughter might have hair already! But it's good that you're having her monitored and especially great that you are having her monitored by the expert!

I totally agree

Hey Fly, what is your background? Were you born in Slovenia? Have you ever been to the U.S.? Are you going to be able to come over to get the $12,000 worth of free Xeljanz?

Born and raised in Slovenia. I dont think I will be able to, because at home they don't support me with this decision so they are not willing to help me with the money. So when I get older and I get a job I will come. I will just have to wait I guess

Hi!

I told my neighbor about you, and she told me that you should check, gofundme:

https://www.gofundme.com

she said quite easy to get someone to sponsor different difficulties, as illness, lack of money to necessaries, maybe you can try present your situation there.

Hi.

First I found what you wrote, why is it not there any more?

it was only there a short time, why?

It was nice what you wrote, maybe if you know someone in those countries they can help you with a bank account ? I can ask someone I know in Germany if you want. 

I am from Norway, and we are not in EU, so we also have our own currency, therefore I can not help you, but I think my family in Germany can.

I know how traumatic alopecia is.

Hey Everyone, I.know someone who has ONE (1) bottle of Xeljanz (60 pills) to sell for less thsn half price! They want $1400 or the highest offer instead of $3,000. If you are interested, please pm me to discuss and put in your bid. Sorry, they only have 1 bottle available. They would send it to you from Calufornia, USA.

Hi Ujjain, 

I'm using my co-pay card right now, 3 weeks into my first bottle. Mostly fine white hairs growing. Also, one surprising thing, is I've had NO joint pain. Which I would get from time to time.. So maybe I had a light case of RA or some sort of psoriatic arthritis. HUGE plus, and will maybe help the cause to get insurance to pay soon.. That's still a last option.

I'm from the US, but working in Europe right now. Planning a weekend trip to Istanbul. Would you mind supplying the Pharm address you purchased from again? Hotel rec? You can PM. Much appreciated! 

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service