I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927820

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you starshine
what about you did you do exercise
and healthy food. what about your weight
thanks

Hey everyone,

My son Billy is turning 14 this May and we meet with Dr King again in June.  After I visit Istanbul to purchase this very expensive drug, it looks like we are taking the leap. For those who have had success is your hair color the same? 

Can anyone provide the link for the copay and hardship card?  My son is completely AU and has been for almost 3 years.

Last question for those with full grow back, what does the maint. dose entail?  Thank you in advance for your answers.  Has anyone on the board visited Turkey and purchased it?  Tips appreciated.  I want to buy 4-6 months in advance.

Prayers and cheer,

A loving Dad.

Google Xelsource at Phizer to talk to them about Hardship Program. You can download a co-pay card from Phizer.Those two discounts are for getting Xeljanz in U.S. though. Will not apply in Turkey. On p. 144 of this discussion Gowml provided the name and address of a pharmacy in Turkey. Dr. Who and Aurora Sophie (page 146) have both been to Turkey to purchase Xeljanz. The exact maintenance dose will vary person to person. Although I have full scalp coverage, its still thin in spots and my eyebrows and eyelashes are still filling in. Yes, my hair color is the same now although initially it came in blondish white. Wishing the best for your son!
goodnews from you Xelijanz miracle
how much cost of Xelijanz in Turkey Dr: how?
In Dubai UAE
the cost of Xelijanz will be 1350$
that's good deal you think !! or expensive
$560 Euros for Xeljanz in Turkey.
Don't want to sound unpleasant but u guys are ruining this thread seriously. I understand it is easier to ask a question instead of searching but some info has already been given more than 20 times on previous pages. Don't be lazy.
It makes it very difficult and painful to track the hair progress...
My 0.02$
Unfortunately Return_life most people ARE NOT going to read thru the thousands of replies on this thread of 233 pages like you and I did. . But he's right Sultan h. Since YOU have so many questions about Xeljanz, you need to read the ENTIRE thread and then make your personal decision about using Xeljanz. You said you want to know as much as possible, so go back to the beginning of this thread and read the replies. That's how I got all of my information and it is tiring repeating it over and over.
All good Xeljanzmiracle. Your contribution to this forum in general is great and I know you like to help other alopecians, I respect that.
Thank you
thanks for all
Return life and Xelijanzmiracle
for responded my answer.
Xelijanz is the real treatment for alopecia
but not cure . actually must of all diseases are
from ammuni system Psoriases /Vitiligo
MS/Alopecia all of these diseases are from
Ammuni system , Xelijanz treat all these happen
that's why is very expensive I think.!
Bytheway I read in laboratory alopecia got 75% To the success of treatment
this is very encouraging for all
and in the end I'm not yet using
Xelijanz , but actually very excited to
see all result Update
thanks and have a good one
Sultan

Thank you.  I will share what Dr King says to us after our appointment.  I'm nervous about traveling to Turkey but appreciate your help in identifying people who have traveled.  I'm taking my son to meet Kevin Bull from American Ninja Warrior in Vegas for the National conference.  Have a good day everyone.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service