I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927820

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi
I'm wondering about Turki cheaper than US,
and why all country more expensive than Turky?
it's something strange !!
and you think same effect drugs !
Dom, do you ever have anything POSITIVE to say? Why are you on here always complaining about Xeljanz? It sounds like jealousy to me. This is a forum to support and encourage Xeljanz users and those interested in using it. Start your own Xeljanz "hater" thread and leave all of us alone.

I'm Mr Caution and not Mr Hater.

If there were clinical trials I could peruse and it's efficacy was proven to be safe for long term use.

I would use it.....probably.

I tried dpcp 10 years ago. I wanted to try one thing. After a year of blisters, rashes and swollen glands; my hair grew back cosmetically. I discontinued.

I don't blame you for trying xeljanz. I probably would have 10 years ago.

I will stay on my side of caution until more evidence is proffered.

Less of the jealous hater ha ha....please. It's debate and i wish you well.

Dom, I HAVE FULL REGROWTH without any rashes, blisters or swollen glands that you experienced with DCPC. My hair started growing back in ONE MONTH after 5 years of being completely hairless. I had full regrowth in all areas within 6 months (except under my arms) which is fine with me. The MAJORITY of Xeljanz users on this site ARE GROWING HAIR with no adverse side effects. If you really and TRULY wish us well, then be happy for us! Congratulate someone! ENCOURAGE SOMEONE! Stop issuing proclamations of doom just because you had a negative experience with DCPC 10 years ago. Xeljanz is just the tip of the iceburg. There are so many new biologics/Jak inhibitors being tested for our disease now. There has been SO MUCH POSITIVE PROGRESS in the last year alone and we are living proof of it. Millions of people WILL BENEFIT in the near future. We are blessed to live in this period of time when there is TRUE HOPE for sufferers of this horrible, emotionally devastating disease.

Clicked Like. 

Thank you Fenster. I'm a Bible Teacher and sometimes I get the spirit, lol!
Dom, Xeljanz IS BEING PRESCRIBED for Alopecia. I have a prescription and so do ALL Xeljanz users who got it from a pharmacy in the U.S. Please stop disseminating false, erroneous information just because you are against Xeljanz.

I don't know how legit this but I found a 75% discount on xeljanz here

http://www.rxpharmacycoupons.com/xeljanz-coupon.html

It says it never expires. What exactly that means, im unsure. Is it limited to 1 use or is this something we could use long term?

It says UP TO 75% off so that can be a percentage lower than 75%. It also says the coupon will never expire, so looks like you can print and use it again and again. Call your pharmacy and ask them how much they will charge. Good find Dj88!

Question for you Xmiracle , I have about 50% loss of hair. Is it your opinion that it could be possible to make 2 bottles at €550 last for 3 months to see if I can achieve some improvement or is this treatment really a longer term project > ?

Do you know if your hairloss is autoimmune? That is the key factor with Xeljanz. For example, have you lost any eyebrows, eyelashes, or hair on other parts of your body besides your scalp? Also, the recommended dosage is 2 per day, so you need a bottle per month. And yes, it is long term. You have to stay on it or you will lose your hair.
Yes,,I'm totally agree with Xeljanzmiracle
Give Us Update

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service