I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927820

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My hair regrowth is GREAT Sultan h. I was just comparing my pictures with a friend last night and we were amazed at the difference in the last few months. All of my resistant bald spots have filled in since I increased my doseage to 3 a day and added Biotin. A word about the Biotin folks. Get the 10,000 mcg. It only costs about $8.50 from Walmart for 120 gelcaps andvI take at least 2 a day. Congratulations on starting Xeljanz tomorrow! Look for blondish white regrowth in about a month. Are you AU?
wish for you and all best luck
and more grow hair .
thank you xe miracle
and sure I will but my update any news
give me snuggest when I use Xeljanz
for your experience
thank you
Who is monitoring your blood work Thanmikron, since you got your Topical R without a prescription in Greece?

Sorry, I meant I convinced my dermadologist to get it subscribed but I didn't even try to get refunded from my insurance. It's only been one month, and didn't have blood test since I started. Do you know what type of blood test I should do?

My doctors ask me to take a "Fasting" one. That means you don't eat or drink anything besides water in the morning before having your blood drawn. Talk to your dermatologist about HOW they will check your blood work to make sure you are not having any adverse side effects. Where I live in California the Lab sends my results to my doctors electronically before each of my appointments. Then the doctors question me about anything they notice. I say doctors (plural) because I'm being monitored at a Medical School/University and sometimes 4 or 5 doctors/residents take turns coming into the room asking questions and taking pictures of my regrowth. I am their FIRST patient on Xeljanz so they are very excited about my progress!

thanks

Xeljanzmiracle , I'm considering getting some cortizone ejections because I'm still losing hair. Has your doctor prescribed cortizone with X or R at all?

No. My doctors haven't prescribed anything else for me since my hair regrowth is so progressive. I didn't have any hair to lose when I went to them last May. I had been AU for 5 years. To read my complete background pull up my discussion entitled "From Totally Bald to Regrowth in One Month! Its under Symptoms and Treatments on the main discussion page.

Hi again Xeljanzmiracle , thanks for keeping us informed in all your progress and encouraging all present and potential users of this drug. With your knowledge of this drug are you aware if it has quicker results with AA than it does with AU or is it really pot luck with random response results ? Thanks in advance 

Hi Everyone -  I need some help! I have been taking Xeljanz 5 mg 2x day since July 2nd, and have experienced re-growth all over except very slow growth on head (white hair, 70% coverage and no dark eyebrows yet.)

I've also had persistent migraines for years, and about 3 weeks ago I added a daily dose of Topamax to try to prevent migraines. My scalp hair started falling out immediately. I stopped the Topamax after a week, and I'm still losing hair.

Has anyone had this type of experience? I'm going to see my rheumatologist this week. Prior to this new hair loss, he and I were discussing adding IV Solumedrol (Prednisone in a high dose without the yucky side-effects) or Methotrexate.

If anyone has any info to share/help, I would appreciate it so much. Thank you!

Hi HS
will be fine sir
but what kind of alopecia so you have !! ?

I have AU. Started as AA at age 14, turned into AU at 39.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service