I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927482

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Alot of people on this site have tried gluten free diets. I may be wrong here but so far the results have shown little benefit for hair re-growth however their general health has improved. 

Hi Lindzzej, I noticed that you asked questions about the Co-pay card. Are you aware of Pfizer's Hardship Program thru Xelsource wherein you receive Xeljanz for FREE for an unlimited period of time? Google and call Xelsource and ask them to tell you about it. It's based on your income. I have been on it since last July and they even increased my doseage to 3 pills a day at my doctors' recommendation/prescription.
Thanks so much Xeljanzmiracle, I know about the hardship program, just working up the mental stamina to dive into that. Who actually sends you the drug ultimately with that, Pfizer directly? You don't have to go through a pharmacy at all with that?

Thanks for the imput thanmikron . Just because Cortizone is down as "number one" treatment for AA means not very much in my opinion. I have read the forums on this site and other sites and I stand by my claim the Cortizone is a useless treatment.Please reference one link that lends any evidence that Cortizone has shown ANY benefit other than discomfort and heartbreak for sufferers of AA. I do not believe anyone on this forum is advocating that X or R is a cure but it has shown some remarkable results so far in a very short period of time. 

Agreed, don't think its right to say its not effective at all.  For awhile it worked for me (I think).  My experience has been that the more widespread my AA had become, the less effective the shots were.  

The more competition, the better (I like how they specified AA for the drugs use):

Aclaris Therapeutics Inc. is a United States-based clinical-stage specialty pharmaceutical company. The Company is focused on identifying developing and commercializing differentiated therapies in dermatology. The Company’s drug candidate A-101 is being developed as an in-office treatment for seborrheic keratosis a non-cancerous skin tumor as well as for other cutaneous indications such as common warts. In addition the Company is engaged in developing a portfolio of Janus Kinase (JAK) inhibitor compounds for the treatment of alopecia areata and other dermatological conditions. The Company’s products A-201 and A-301 are indicated for the treatment of alopecia areata. The Company’s A-101 product is entering Phase III clinical trials for the treatment of seborrheic keratosis and Phase II clinical trials for the treatment of common warts. The Company’s A-201 and A-301 products are in pre- clinical stage.

Thank you for important update.
Is this information referenced under clinicaltrials.gov? I wish to track all research pertaining to alopecia.

No this is actually off a stock report...I am just glad to see more and more companies looking to produce this class of drug.

Good information CwC
but I have question ?
Does any one know about experimental test
I mean (trial numbers of patients) that Yale
university conducted of their patients
any how many respond Xeljanz and how many
no respond ??
thanks
Google it Sultan h.
Xeljamircale
could you please Email me
sultee9@hotmail.com
Just private message me on here. You have to send me a friend request first

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service