I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927442

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What was youre diagnoses aa au or totalis?
Absolutly continue whit 2 pills the hairs begin white then become colored i think in 5-8 months you'll have full hairs
to me imopossible send you a message but i offer 10% more respect to the best offert have you recived, can you write me so to place the payment?
Where are you from Nicolas? I get confused because I think we have TWO on here. One from France and one from Venezuela?

Ecuador.

First of all I will try and run prescription through my insurance as I work full time and have medical insurance. Second I will only order what I plan on taking so won't have extra to sell.

Only if I am rejected by insurance company will I go the free route. I would rather go through the insurance company as I don't believe Pfizer is going to give free Xeljanz forever. Other companies are working on JAK inhibitors so there will be more options down the road.

'''Permalink Reply by Xeljanzmiracle 14 hours ago

Mtran2000, you are making a lot of assumptions. You should be getting yours free pretty soon too. And when you do, and you have extra pills for whatever reason, let's see if you arrange this lottery/giveaway that you mentioned. I'm sure everyone on here will look forward to that!""
Mtran2000, private message me please. Thanks
Hey Everyone. There is a woman named Spring on the front page who is looking for a dermatologist in Pennsylvania to get a prescription for Xeljanz. She already qualifies for the hardship program but she needs a prescription now. Please reply to her or on here thanks!

So Mtran 2000 are there guys who have 2 bottles more of Xelijanz free and are they selling? 

Is it so or i did not understand'

Hello all -

A friend of mine with RA just recently got prescribed xeljanz. They now make pills that are 11mg extended release so it means she would only have to take it once a day. I wonder if going this route would be cheaper for some of us. Going to look into it.
Katieirl! You are EXACTLY who I was thinking of contacting. Do you know of a dermatologist that a woman named "Spring" can use in Pennsylvania? She qualifies for Hardship Program but can't get anyone to prescribe her Xeljanz. If you do, can you reply to her discussion on main page? Thanks
Dr Lindsay bordone will but she is in NY .. Colombia university dermatology

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service