I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927437

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

this is not the time with the coronavirus to start the xeljanz because you will have no option to get the xeljanz you two options either to go to Istanbul you can buy it on the spot at the pharmacy without prescription, or you has the generic Bangladesh beacon tofacinix which sends it to you by parcel. but the 2 options are in neutral I invite you to read the forum you all have above

Dear Kevin, you did not understand, my problem, I have two autoummune diseases, universal alopecia, plus crhon disease, for this last use a monoclonal antibody, and I should start the xelianz ... I fear that 2 biological drugs may increase the risk of infections ... tell me if you can who can I ask around ??? If you are in contact with some doctor and if I could take the stelara plus the xelianz? and the herpes zooster vaccine who of you did it before the treatment ,, I beg you help me I'm in crisis, I haven't been out for days.

okay so i think you mixed the two because several people have mixed xeljanz and methotrexate which is an immunosuppressant, but I personally do not like mixing the two, can xeljanz also treat your disease so you can use xeljanz

if it is chronic disease xeljanz is authorized for this disease at 20 mg days, so you will have free medicine, look for another doctor who prescribes xeljanz for chronic disease you stop your medicine and you treat your illness with only xeljanz, if you cannot find a doctor you will buy it yourself and you will stop your medicine and you will only take xeljanz at 20mg a day.

what country are you from find a doctor who prescribes xeljanz for your chronic illness you tell him you tell him that the medication you are currently taking has no effect and that you want xeljanz, and you explain to him that his also treats your alopecia.

and if you don't find it at the right time you will buy it by yourself. and you can just take xeljanz

Kevin and you guys, you didn't understand maybe ... I have another autoimmune disease, to treat it I take a biological drug like xelianz .... the doctor who visited me said that the two drugs together cannot be done. ..since I'm desperate I wanted to know if someone had taken two immunosuppressants, with xelianz, and if any of you had the opportunity to ask a doctor, an expert, if I who have crhon disease could take stelara, in order to cure this disease and 10 mg of xelianz ... you understand ... please help me to clarify this doubt.

yes many people use xeljanz and methotrexate which is an immunosuppressant as i told you.

you have chron illness xeljanz a 20mg treats your illness therefore you can use it alone therefore you can treated your 2 illnesses with xeljanz alone try to find a doctor who can prescribe xeljanz he is authorized for your chron illness. do your research on google there are all your answers.

do you understand i use google translate.

dear ones, you have not understood, I take the stelara which is a monoclonal antibody, the xelianz for this disease is not indicated ..crhon disease is the disease i have.Antibodies to the digestive tract ...
I ask for urgent advice if you can ....
Who of you takes a monoclonal antibody besides xelianz ... and who takes xelianz what adverse effects have you had?
In addition to the eyelashes and eyebrows that you recommend, if I could not take xelianz ??? there are effective topical things or cortisone stings.

actually I confused with ulcerative cholitis.
but as i answered yes there are people who take xeljanz associated with methorexate which is an immunosuppressant

there is a clinical trial on the intestinal microbiota which appears to cure your disease and alopecia I invite you to do research there are several people on forum to have opened a subject maybe you can take this new option

cortisone, the only option, does not dull regrowth after stopping treatment and even during, unless you have mild alopecia and are quickly taken quickly it depends on the disease, generally on severe alopecia areata and in the long term it works really and the relapse is immediate for most of the patients but it costs nothing to try I speak knowingly for having tried all the possible treatments only xeljanz my permit to keep a regrowth I am still under the drug but I have not a complete but acceptable regrowth compared to the life of before, but with the future treatment I think to have a complete regrowth with the new inhibitors jak 1.2 in clinical trial especially for alopecia because several people passed from xeljanz to ruxolitinib or to ctp 543 in clinical trial and had full regrowth. patience within 2 years they will be approved i think it is phase 3 which is the last step before placing on the market. good luck

my question is this: do any of you take two biological drugs ??? i should add xelianz that i don't take yet and stelara, ustekinumab,.
what side problems would I have and you have?
Last question if I just wanted to regrow eyelashes and eyebrows what should I do, if the cure with xelianz can not do it for the 2 drugs together ???
best wishes to all and please answer me.

My two sources at Beacon have been non responsive. Shamuil, is who I used to order from. Who are you guys using these days?

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service