Hey Ladies, I am checking to see how many Desert Diva's would be interested in joining me in a day of beauty tips for hair, make-up, and accessories? Well first I need to say that we wanted to start sub-groups to our main support group so we can pin-point our groups’ support needs. If you have any suggestions please feel free to voice them.

I am in the works of setting up a day where a hair consultant (who's a custom wig maker-referred by our Elline here on AW), and a make-up artist would be available only to our group of ladies to see what would work best for each of us.

If this is something you would be interested in, please let me know...the dates we are looking for will be after the 4th of July but sometime in July. So if you are interested please comment on this discussion and feel free to let me know what you would like to do as a Desert Diva Group. Sorry guys this is a girl's only thing. :)
~Yvonne

Views: 5

Replies to This Discussion

I really like that idea! Sounds like great fun. I've always wanted to learn how to properly apply fake eyelashes. Every time I've tried it was a disaster. I'm also excited about the idea of learning about wigs from a wig maker. I'm so uneducated in that dedpartment. Good job Yvonne! My schedule is pretty flexible as long as someone is home to take care of my kids. I'm totally on board!
Hi Yvonne,
I am very interested! It would be a terrific time to share ideas and support!
Jackie
Yvonne - yes, I would be very interested in doing this - the false eyelash application is the thing I want the most to learn about, but I think it would be fun as well as very helpful to all of us.

Jan P.
Hi Yvonne, I would be interested in like spa days with massages or a way to pamper ourselves. Also, what about just have a fun night out for happy hour or dinner to maybe our own blad girl do lunch so to speak? I think just something social and relaxing like that would be a nice supplement to events that focus on the alopecia.
Hi Yvonne,
I would definitely be interested in a day for us to be pampered! I like the idea of getting beauty tips for hair and make-up. I need help. Awhile back, I went to a party for a girl's day that was held in a house. My friend had the different vendors provide their services. It was different.
Are we looking for people to donate services or provide a package deal? Do we want someone who will provide facials? Just an idea.
It would be fun.
Hi Yvonne, I was just wondering if you have set a date yet for the day of beauty get together. How's everything going? If you need help w/ anything just let me know. Have a great 4th of July! Take care, Sarah
Ok ladies I have several options for us...and the spa day is the one on top of the list! I didn't want it to be too pricey because spas can get to be very pricey but you want it to be a very clean and professional spa so you really have to look at it as…you get what you pay for.

How much are you willing to pay for a day spa? (I have paid up to $350.00 for a trip to the day spa.)
What are you ladies willing to pay for a day spa?

This will determine how I should set up our day of beauty. I just want to get a feel of how many of us and go from there.

I am still waiting on the hair consultant referred by our Elline here on AW, and a make-up artist, they want to do this consult on a Monday when their shop is closed. I don’t know how well that will work for a lot of us, because I work and their shop in up North. (We can discuss this further when they call with a date.)

But the spa day is a winner for me, I will find a full spa salon that will be versed in working with all types of women so they will be prepared for us. (If it is the 5 of us we can set up a spa party package with them.)

I will check back in a few days for your comments and start working on a date and where. Let me know what day of the week works for each of you. :)
I am not going to be able to make it to the spa day get together. Sorry :-( I have to send two of my boys to church camp next week, so the spa day is not within my budget right now. I am, however, available for the day of beauty thing on a Monday.I am usually free all day on Mondays as long as I have a babysitter. So when you say up North, how far is that exactly? Can we carpool? and when were you thinking of doing it? It would be great if you can have it sometime in August, after school starts. (Just a suggestion :-)

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service