some people do and some people don't, when do you wish if you do?

Views: 88

Replies to This Discussion

I know what you mean - I think I look old because I have no hair and no eyebrows etc - well I have some but not much which is also really wierd! a few stray hairs on the eyebrow line and so few eyelashes that they dont even count - they're not even evenly spread if you know what I mean!!!!

It sounds awful but I do wish that I lived in a culture where it was normal to cover my head - because then it wouldnt matter so much to me!!!!!!

Still this site has taught me that there are actually plenty of us out there so maybe we will both get to the stage where we dont mind anymore??!!
I am 54 and I understand completely what you mean when you talk about growing older without hair. Sort of makes face lifts out of the question, since they staple the "lifted" skin behind your ears. Wouldn't want those scars on my pristine pate!

I just try to focus on the things that I can change and take charge of -- like diet, exercise, and overall health and happiness. Oh yeah, and different wigs. I make no secret of my alopecia, so my friends and neighbors always get a kick out of the various colors, lengths, and styles of hair I show up with. I've played in golf events wearing a super short wig in the morning and later shown up for awards party with a fresh longer "do" that I put on in my car or the ladies room. lol

Seriously, it takes a long time to accept universalis. I've had decades of experience, and it wasn't always this easy for me. Be kind to yourself, and patient. And always remember that growing old without hair is better than not growing old at all. :)
I am comfortable with myself now, and could care less what other people think for the most part. But if I have to be completely honest I want my hair back. This time it has been gone for over four years and I don't think it will ever come back. It would be so nice to be "normal" again. To not worry about the looks or feel like crap when someone says how nice you are doing since you have "cancer". Thank God I don't, but it makes me feel bad that people naturally assume that is what it is. Maybe that is the point- we need to work on people actually being aware of Alopecia. It is so common, but so few people know. Wonder how we can make Alopecia just a normal thing along with everything else?????
I definitely agree with you - if it was more common to see people like us it wouldnt be such a big deal, but since I have had AU somehow I have felt almost ashamed, as though its something that I have to hide - thats really sad when I think about it as you are totally right - i wouldnt want cancer and I am really lucky not to have cancer, but would I have my hair back? In a heartbeat.
I always let me hair grow in hopes that one day I'll be able to go without a wig, and I get really close quite often. I almost went out and bought a new curling iron and blow dryer last time (it got really close last fall), but by the end of the year, I had two new bald spots. I just don't want to give up that hope that someday I'll be able to go swimming without worring about getting a sun burn on my head.
who doesn't want their hair back?? but it is not a priority for me now..there's lots of other things I would like right now more than my hair..
I've had my AU for so long now, I thoroughly embrace it. I'm so glad I don't have to spend hours grooming hair, washing & drying it etc. As for shaving... you hairy buggers are welcome to it! - No, I don't want it back... keep it!
I'm one of those people who always wishes that she had her hair back, but with exceptions. I would only want my head and my eyelashes...everything else I can do without. Even though I have lived without hair for 10 years I have yet to get over the insecurities inside me. I miss my hair but I am proud of the little bit that grows back every now and then. If more people knew about alopecia it could possibly be easier to live with since people will know you are not dying.
hell yes......
Good question. My hair has started to grow again but it is patches on my head, which I have to shave because it looks silly in spots. I wish if does come back it all comes back, execpt on my back and ears. LOL
I would love for my hair to come back. I wouldn't even care too much to shave again if I had to. I think I could be happy with eyelashes, eyebrows and nose hair esp since its winter here and a runny sucks. (I don't know if anyone else has that problem) I kinda have given up that it will and just trying to accept it. Luckly my husband and family are very supportive but here is so nice because you guys know what its like. Thanks everyone!
I want my hair back. Sometimes I think I would not have gotten other things though if I had my hair...so if I had to choose between...say...my hair or my band and my bf...I would say no to hair. ; )

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service