Thought I'd start this as a discussion. Let's name some good places in Chicagoland for those who don't know where to start.

Views: 97

Replies to This Discussion

You may know from my blog that I just had my very first wig shopping adventure. :o) I went to a shop called Naturally Yours in Willowbrook. They were very nice there and they are very private. You must make an appointment and therefore you're the only one in the shop when you go in. The woman who runs the place (Jan) is an ex-beautician so I've been told she really knows what she's doing when it comes to styling / cutting wigs, etc. I picked out my first wig and am going to pick it up Friday and she'll cut / style at that time. I'll let you know how it turns out. ;o)

NATURALLY YOURS INC
Prosthetics
(630)570-5004
7219 KINGERY HWY
WILLOWBROOK, IL 60527
Hi Mandy, did you get your wig? Does it looks good? I got mine from a place called Wigfield Boutique. The owner was very nice and understanding. I'm going to Chicago in a few weeks and would like to get a new one. Take care!
Yes, I did. Check my blog for all the pics. ;) Well if you want to get one in Chicago, I definitely recommend the place I went to although I'm sure there's plenty of good places in the city. Let us know what dates you'll be in...perhaps we should plan our first get together for the group!
Hey Mandy, how comfortable is the wig? Do you get hot wearing it? MIne has an inner cap that makes me really hot during the day, especially now during the summer.
Yeah...mine gets pretty toasty, too. LOL. I guess for a wig it's pretty darn comfortable. I'm just having trouble adjusting to the change.
ok thanks! I thought it was just me!!! I might try a new place in Chicago this weekend if I have time. I need to get a new one.
Although Harmony Restored is afairly new establishment, it carries good will of my previous business Rukey Styles. It is located in downtown Chicago in a private suit. You can take a look at some of the pics on my page if you like. 773-671-5993.
Attachments:
Hi All! I took my daughter to Because of You in Oak Lawn. It's a synthetic wig and matches her natural hair perfectly. It took her some time to put it on but now that she has I have to beg her to take it off so she doesn't sleep in it. I am thinking though of getting her one of those vacuum type wigs. Does anyone know where to go for those kind? Now that summer is here and the pool is open and we go to the beach Becky doesn't want to even go swimming in her own back yard without her wig. I heard you can swim in the vacuum type ones.
You have to be completely bald to wear a vacuum wig and I believe Becky still has some hair, right?
Very very little is left.
Oh ok. There are lots of different kinds. I've heard very good things about Freedom Hair.
Hi christina,

My name is Jessica new to the group but not to Alopecia. I had the pleasure of meeting a wonderful women by the name of Karen she owens New Life Hair, vac hair pices. Which you can even use if you are willing to keep up shaving so its a close fit. I would highly recommend Karen she meets with you personally to get a mold of your head and pick out the hair type and texture you want. She even has a stylist in Clarendon Hills that can cut the hair she is very talented she cut my reg wig did a great job. By the way everyone at the salon treated me great didn't feel out of place at all. go ahead and see for youself she web site is www.newlifehair.com the pictures speak for themselves. jessica

ps karen is AU she has a great outlook a very positive person!
][

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service