Thought I'd start this as a discussion. Let's name some good places in Chicagoland for those who don't know where to start.

Views: 97

Replies to This Discussion

I was hoping Karen would join our group. I've heard great things about her, too. My friend got a wig through Karen and it looks amazing. The wig has lasted her 4 years so far.
Hey,
Yes Karen is great!! Can't say that enough. When I first started going through this a year ago she was a shoulder to cry on, envited me to dinner with her and her friend. Then to the salon to see her get her new piece cut. She someone who took a really crappy thing and made the best of it and is helping other do the same. Wish she would join too.
Hello all,
I am also new to this forum, but have been experiencing hair loss for about 3 years now. Is there anywhere in the Chicagoland area where I can find not just full wigs, but hairpieces, falls, etc? I think I need to ease myself into the idea of wearing a wig, but seeing as I have worn what little hair I have in a ponytail everyday for the last 3 years, I think I need to do something :)
Hi! That place I mentioned, Naturally Yours in Willowbrook definitely has more options than full wigs. Give them a call - they're really great over there. ;o)
naturally your in willowbrook has falls and pieces for the top of your head only check is out. mandy posted their info i think but if not I will look for their phone and post it

jessica
Check out my blog for information about 'Hair for You Salon' in Arlington Heights, IL. They are amazing and have alot of different types of options (not just full wigs). They are definitely worth checking out. The owner, Linda, is wonderful!!!
I go to Salon 475 in Highland Park. Lori Irsay is the owner and has been doing hair replacement/wigs for more than 20 years. She's wonderful at hair weaving for those with areata, and she has amazing wigs in all price ranges for those with totalis or universalis. I have universalis, btw. I got my eyebrows done and I wear false eyelashes. I've been wearing wigs for 23 years now, so I feel kind of like a pro myself! Lori also just opened up a shop in Green Bay, WI. She really likes to do wigs more than anything, and is super sympathetic and knowledgable. The most important part of a good wig is a good CUT and experienced stylist! Anyway, her number is (847) 432-4372. Tell them you heard about her from Kimberley. I have a few photos of her doing my wig on my wedding day -- it's pretty humorous!
NOTE: I got my eyebrows done in Washington, D.C. -- where I'm originally from, 17 years ago. I'd be happy to try and find someone here in Chicagoland that I think is as good -- there are LOTS of people out there who do it but they need to be VERY good to do it for someone with alopecia, in my opinion. Mine are done as individual hairs and they look really natural. I have contacted the woman who did my micro-pigmentation to see if she could help us out in Chicago. I'll post a message to the group when I hear back from her.
Hello! Hair for You Salon in Arlington Heights is WONDERFUL. The owner Linda DiFronzo does amazing work with wigs. Check out my blog for more information about her and her shop. She is located at...

737 E. Dundee Road
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
(847) 259-4YOU (4968)
Has anyone heard anything about Embassy Hair Loss studios in Chicago for custom toppers/wigs?
not suir where she got it but jillian just got a topper in chicago she said she loves it. you should ask her.
jessica

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service