What Bible verses do you find comfort you or anger you when you're feeling down?

One of my personal favourite's that really helps me to get up and keep on going when things get tough is:

Psalms 27:14 - Wait for the Lord's help,be strong and brave,and wait for the Lord's help

Another is the promise that God is always watching over me:

Psalm 121:3 - He will not let you stumble; the one who watches over you will not slumber

And another is a couple of verses that I look at when I see nowhere left to go,when I don't see how I'm going to carry on with this.It reminds me of how God has stepped in to provide and strengthen me at numerous times throughout this journey:

Psalm 40:1-3 - I waited patiently for the Lord.He turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the pit of destruction,out of the sticky mud.He stood me on a rock and made my feet steady.He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God

Share your favourite or least favourite verses here.

Love and Hugs to All :] x

Views: 31

Replies to This Discussion

One verse that really spoke to me when dealing with alopecia:

Ps 139:13 - 16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Cheryl, that's awesome!! Thanks so much for sharing that scripture. I will definetly highlight it in my bible!
As far as my favorite verses..... I'm sure if I knew them all I would have more, but I have found Proverbs 3:5-8 to be so helpful to me in my everyday life.

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways aknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy path. Be not wise in thine own eyes; fear the Lord and depart from evil. For it shall be health unto thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.
Sometimes the simplest verses have the most power.

Philippians 4:13 -- I can do all things in Christ, who strengthens me.

And lest we forget, the Gospel in miniature:

John 3:16 -- For GOD so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes Him shall not perish, but have everlasting Life.

Kinda puts it all into perspective, doesn't it?
Philipians 4:6.7
Do not worry about anything, instead give everything to the Lord, and thank him for all He has done for you. If you do this, you will have peace, beyond human understanding in Jesus Christ.
Hey, guys! I don't know what version of the Bible this is from (probably a more contemporary one) but I found it online and I love it:

"The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

1 Samuel 16:7
I love that verse aswell!
Find it rather comforting :)
x

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service