its not enough that I have lost my hairline and I have experienced scalp pain , inflammation, itchiness, more hair loss etc... Now!  I have Scalp psoriasis on my hair line!!!!

anyone else!? 

Views: 211

Replies to This Discussion

Yep! Last fall I started having terrible scaling and flaking, no matter what I tried. Went to dermatologist and ended up getting Kenalog injections (again) but this time all over the top of my head. Ouch. I used topical Clobetisol for about a week afterward.  No fun, but it worked and I haven't had it since. I only wish the fix for FFA was that easy.

Along this subject line, I always seem to have something going on with my face and scalp: flushing, sensitivity, peeling, rashes, irritation. Have been told it's rosacea, then not, eczema, 'sensitive skin', allergic reactions etc. who knows. But the worst face thing I ever got was IMMEDIATELY followed by my eyebrows falling out and the start of my FFA in 2013. No one can answer what or why .....

• Regarding the face rosacea, I have seen links to studies on this site that link the face rosacea (forehead/cheeks/side) to FFA. My dermatologist originally told me the two conditions were not linked, however I sent her those studies and she acknowledged she stood corrected.
  • Regarding psoriasis, that is interesting. It is another autoimmune condition. I was just googling last night about thin bendy (not brittle) fingernails and found some links to that and psoriasis (which I don’t have) and to FFA. The images of the nails don’t look anything like mine. The images look much worse so perhaps none of this relates to me — or to any of us. As they say, though, once you have one autoimmune condition you are more susceptible to developing others. ... I also saw a link between weak nails and lichen planus, which my doc says I don’t have. But then I saw a link between lichen planus and oral cancer, though RARE. I survived that diagnosis last year. ... I may be making too many leaps.... All that to say when we are having flare ups I believe it is SUPER important to drink clean water and eat right (tons of ORGANIC veggies). 
  • I personally am experiencing a new forehead rash and front hairline inflammation following a recent massage and eating out (same night). It’s almost a week later and still enflamed. My guess is it was linked to the food although it was gluten free.. who know what oils were used, etc., in preparing the food. I’m going to keep loading up on good food, getting proper rest and going to my stress reduction class at Kaiser. All of these things CAN help autoimmune conditions, I do believe. ... I feel so fragile and like to believe I’m tougher than that and can eat and do whatever I want, but for us a switch has been flipped ON (FFA) and there’s no turning back. I do think we can make a difference in our conditions, even if it’s only in small ways, by doing what we can to boost our immune systems.

Mel,

you write:

"experiencing a new forehead rash and front hairline inflammation"

this is exactly how mine started and then it just never went away and I kept telling the Dr. it looked like "herpes."  Then I did some research and found out it looks like psoriasis.  I;m seeing her in a couple of weeks so I'll show it then.  I use Natralia steroid free cream every night on my hairline now to avoid the skin atrophy from the clobetasol.

it helps for sure but doesn't get rid of it.  I've been trying different products.  I'm desperate to see my hairline moving back!

I get that "stress" is an aggregator but how am I supposed to stop that?  impossible. sorry.  I had surgery in Oct and I am struggling with chronic pain and starting my own business.  I try to remember to breathe!

*sigh*

I have had Rosacea and definitely sensitivity Beez.  A few things, The topical Steroids cause skin atrophy which can cause the sensitivity and the rosacea.   but honestly the thing that made the biggest improvement was I stopped wearing any wool near my face or neck or even legs.  I can wear wool socks and I have a hand made wool winter sweater I can wear for a short time with a soft cotton or other-than-wool material around my neck and chin and I'm fine.  otherwise, I've had to give away all m y beautiful wool sweaters.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service