I thought I would spread the word and share my daughter's experience with the hair club for kids. My 6 yr old daughter has been wearing a wig for almost a year. Most recently, she got a wig from the kids club. They provide 3 free human hair replacements a year and 8 services for kids age 6-17. I happen to know that if you have a younger child, depending on their age and the case you please they will make an exception. They will make a hair replacement based on your child's hair loss needs. My daughter loves wearing it. It is easy to put on and take off and it is very low maintenance. I wash the hair about 2 times a week. You can blow dry it, curl it, wear it up, swim it..It really let's you be a kid. And my daughter is involved in many sports and activities. She has never had a problem with her hair coming loose or falling off. If you want to get info go to www.hairclub.com and click on kids club. There is a number you need to call to get the application that just requires a doctors signature. They don't ask you any other questions and you will have your new hair in about 8 -10 weeks...I hope this info helps ..If you go to my page the picture of my daughter with a brick wall is her hair club hair. I brought pictures of my daughter before her loss and my husband and I were blown away with the color match and the hair styling. She really got her old look back which was all she wanted.

I will add that when she is not wearing her wig, Sam wears a headband with hair sewn into it. We got that from www.hatswithhair.com. She finds them comfy and wears them on weekends..

Views: 684

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the heads up. I just told Boo it would be "a while" :)

--Sara
Melissa, I want to say that no can't be worn in a full bunnon, but you can do is leave some of the hair hanging down and put part of the hair in a bunnon. We do that and she likes it. Samantha also has regrowth now and she is essentially taping her wig over her hair. When the hair is hard to remove from the tape we use alcohol to loosen the hair from the tape. When she is hot the wig come right off. Also, there are two kinds of caps, a measured caps which comes down to the base of your neck and over your ears and the mold. The mold cap fits the circumference of her head. She seems to like that one better, but the other cap requires less tape and you can do more with it. This wigs are free and it can't hurt to try it. The kids get a free wig every 4 months and 8 free services. I am sure if you moved forward they can do her hair for the dance recital and it would be a free service. The hair is really easy to care for. I wash it about once or twice a week and in between I use a flat iron to keep the waves away. Hope this info helps.. Let me know if you have any other questions. Cindy

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service