Symptoms, treatment options, research (2,656)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Is it better to leave Alopecia Areata untreated, if possible?

I'm a 20 year old guy. My hair dresser noticed a small bald spot on my head about a month ago. Since then it's gotten slightly bigger. Luck…

Started by qaz4556

0 May 27, 2015

Deciding whether Xeljanz is worth the cost

Hello all, I have an appt with Dr. King in two weeks but I am really struggling with the idea that I have to decide whether Xeljanz will b…

Started by AU1989

4 May 27, 2015
Reply by Julie

Elidel for Eyebrows?

So...at least once a year I think I need to try and fix this AU - even knowing there's no cure...has anyone try Elidel for eyebrows?  Derm…

Started by Gail

0 May 27, 2015

How to decide if the cost of Xeljanz is worth it

Hello all, I have tried all treatments for AA, AT and AU.  With the high cost of Xeljanz how do you guys decide if it is worth the money ?…

Started by AU1989

0 May 26, 2015

Some regrowth

Hi again,my son lost all of his hair very quickly in september 2013.tried a few different treatments without any success.lately though,he h…

Started by David

5 May 22, 2015
Reply by Pam D.

Edit: Never mind

Edit: Nevermind.

Started by Rob

0 May 20, 2015

Doxycycline

Has anyone tried this and did it make a difference?  Were there any bad side effects?

Started by Celia

0 May 20, 2015

Has anyone on here tried the ruxolitinib medication also a JAK inhibitor?

They have began trials in 2013 of August and are ending the trials this year in 2015 of August. Just wondering cause I keep reading on here…

Started by blondfrog

0 May 19, 2015

Alopecia totalis and Mirena

I need to know if any other women have had any similar stories. I am a 51 year female. Had Mirena inserted June of 2010. I had a partial hy…

Started by Wendi

0 May 14, 2015

Can AA be brought on by an allergy to dogs?

I bought a border terrier for my children in November 2014 ,all was well until feb when i startted losing my hair in small circles within 4…

Started by pablonitro

3 May 14, 2015
Reply by pablonitro

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service