Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Wigs and airport security

So I just took a trip to Mexico for a friend's wedding this past weekend and experienced for the first time the beeping metal detector. I h…

Started by Jocelyn in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

8 Aug 25, 2010
Reply by Nicolle joi houseman

Latisse

I was just curious if anyone has had regrowth of eyelashes using Latisse?

Started by Teresa in Acceptance and coping

6 Oct 16, 2011
Reply by Mary

Eyelash growth

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to share that i have been taking Biotin for a few months now and have noticed my lashes have grown longer. Not s…

Started by Nicolle joi houseman in Symptoms, treatment options, research

10 May 7, 2018
Reply by Alice Jolly

Random compliment

I've been going out in public completely bald for about 5 months. I get some strange looks and only had one negative reaction from some pre…

Started by Sarah Car in Bald is beautiful, head shaving, etc.

7 Aug 24, 2010
Reply by Lisa Santer

Looks like my son has my crappy genes

About a month ago I posted that I saw my son has his top lashes missing on one eye... (about half of the lid) and since I have had alopecia…

Started by Julia Gedeon in Children with alopecia

11 Sep 12, 2010
Reply by Julia Gedeon

What's next?

Twenty years ago after a complete hysterectomy my body hair stopped growing. I havent had to shave under my arms or legs in 20 years, but I…

Started by Crobin in Acceptance and coping

3 Aug 22, 2010
Reply by Marisa

Dreaming about hair

I keep having these dreams that feel like reality...my hair has grown back with a couple of bald spots to remind me of the Alopecia. Then I…

Started by Siala Uepa-Holmes in Acceptance and coping

6 May 31, 2011
Reply by Bex Weller

Could foods you eat help hair regrow?

Hey everyone so I have had alopecia for 3-4 months now I have small patches all over my hair and a large area of hair which is missing from…

Started by Hus in Symptoms, treatment options, research

3 Aug 21, 2010
Reply by Patricia Hutchings

To shave or not to shave, that is the question

Hello AW, Here is my dilemma. I have had AA for 20 years (since I was 7), my last bout started 19 months ago. I have lost more than 50% of…

Started by Julia S in Bald is beautiful, head shaving, etc.

8 Sep 11, 2010
Reply by Aaron

I went out in public in a wig for the first time today. Scary!

I kept asking my poor boyfriend "has it moved?" "Is it still in place?" "Howabout now?" He was very patient with me. But it went well, and…

Started by Mhairi in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

25 Aug 30, 2010
Reply by estella garcia

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service