Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

i do not understand what it is bad about not having hair? can someone explain me

…i do not understand what isi t bad about not having hair? that we do not fit to the girly-woman prototype that they magazines are promotin…

Started by vicky in Acceptance and coping

12 Sep 13, 2009
Reply by Annette Shuford

Tape and Lace Front Wigs

Hi Everyone, I just brought my first lace front wig. The wig fits perfectly and looks great. I purchased the adhesive tape for the wig so…

Started by Natasha in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

6 Sep 13, 2011
Reply by Karen Smith

Recent hair loss - five year old

I will post pictures later - husband has some strange way on his computer. Three days ago, a family member noticed a pretty large asymmetr…

Started by Elaine in Children with alopecia

2 Jul 21, 2009
Reply by Elaine

Looking For A Hairpiece that can withstand wind and water

Is there a hair piece that you can swim in and go boating in that will stay in place? I have recently moved to the california coast and I l…

Started by pamela s mcnurlen in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

3 Jul 31, 2009
Reply by Dominique Cleopatra

Nail Loss

My story is more or less same to most Alopecian, it started in june 07 with a patch on head, by april 08 i had no hair on any part of my bo…

Started by macho in Symptoms, treatment options, research

5 Jul 27, 2009
Reply by edie urso

"..need some nerve pills"

Last night a woman informed me that I needed "nerve pills" to prevent my hair from falling out! I asked her if she really meant what she sa…

Started by Lois in Symptoms, treatment options, research

11 Mar 21, 2015
Reply by youarebeautiful

squaric acid vs. DPCP

I am trying to decide whether my son should use Squaric acid or DCPC for his treatment. He has recently gone from AA to AU. He has been get…

Started by Debbie Lopas in Children with alopecia

4 Jul 19, 2009
Reply by Tony J.

How to tell Mom and Dad you have alopecia?

Yesterday, I went to my parents' house for dinner with an agenda: tell them I have alopecia and that someday, I might lose all my hair... S…

Started by Marie-C in Acceptance and coping

12 Feb 13, 2010
Reply by man82

school and stress

Do you ever find that school stress and alopecia just dont go together. I always get told to relax, so i do, but then i start getting behin…

Started by Aleshia in Acceptance and coping

4 Nov 17, 2009
Reply by Aleshia

support groups

i was just wanting to know if there are going to be anything going on in the lafayette indiana area for areata. i would love to know, becau…

Started by michael louis pearson in Support groups, networking

1 Oct 14, 2009
Reply by JeffreySF

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service