Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Kind of lost

HI... I'm mom to Olivia who will be three in a few weeks and she was just diagnosed this week. Needless to say we're a bit lost. Nobody but…

Started by Sybil in Children with alopecia

30 Jun 1, 2009
Reply by Alyssa (barbara-mom)

Rogain Side Effects?

I was just about to buy Rogaine and then I saw that weight gain was a side effect! Has anybody experienced any weird side effects with this?

Started by Aimee in Symptoms, treatment options, research

1 May 6, 2009
Reply by Amanda

Can you wax your head?

Strange question but, Because I've shaved my remaining hair, I get a stubble, kind of like velcro! I was wondering what anyone uses to keep…

Started by Lizzie in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

1 Apr 25, 2009
Reply by joycestock

When is it time to shave it all off.

I am so happy i found this site. I have been dealing with AA for over 15 years. I have always had small spots here and there, but they were…

Started by Liz in Acceptance and coping

4 Apr 27, 2009
Reply by Erin

Alopecian Camping in Ontario

I brought this up the first time about 8 years ago when our MSN group was coming together and was wondering if anyone lese in Alopecia Worl…

Started by Nathan Paul Prince in Events, publications, promoting awareness

11 Jul 27, 2009
Reply by Carol

WIG PROBLEMS

HELLO EVERYONE, I WAS DIAGNOSED ABOUT TWO WEEKS AGO AND MY PATCHES GOT TO HARD TO HIDE WITH MY HAIR STYLES SO I DECIDED TO DRIVE TWO HOURS…

Started by peggy thompson in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

1 Apr 21, 2009
Reply by BaldGirlsDoLunch.org

How long did regrowth take??

Hi, I was just wondering how long it took for your hair to re-grow and what you experienced with the regrowth? As one day i my patch feels…

Started by Bel in Symptoms, treatment options, research

0 Apr 20, 2009

Simple question....

Do you think your alopecia had anything to do with stress (im bundling anxiety in with stress here).... just a simple yes or no ? If yes i…

Started by Mark in Symptoms, treatment options, research

15 Aug 22, 2013
Reply by Ashle

The old regrowth topic

Hi y'all...... My alopecia has been ongoing for about 2 years now with it hitting my head July last year. The main big patch (oh yes i hav…

Started by Mark in Symptoms, treatment options, research

0 Apr 19, 2009

Inspirational Words from Michael J. Fox about his Parkinson's that can help us, too!

I heard Michael J. Fox speak a year ago. It was when I was just losing my hair and very depressed and angry. I came away from his talk feel…

Started by Mary in Just for fun, inspirational, motivational

8 Jan 27, 2010
Reply by Galvin

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service