All Discussions Tagged 'alopecia' (195)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

10 things girls with alopecia will understand

Well, girls with alopecia who choose not to wear a wig will understand.. but you get the point! I wrote this Buzzfeed article on a whim, te…

Started by Erika Vincent

5 Feb 10, 2019
Reply by Lianod754

Undiagnosed case of "symentric" permanent alopecia

Hi All,   I wanted to post my story in case it resonates with someone. I haven’t been properly diagnosed and do not know what to do next.  …

Started by Michael

0 Dec 18, 2018

Has anyone tried a drug called Methotrexate for alopecia and folic acid as well and had a good amount of hair growth with it?

I just took my first dose of Methotrexate yesterday and didn't feel any pain or side effects with it so far. I am on 15mg dose and take it…

Started by blondfrog

24 Nov 28, 2018
Reply by Kertel

NAAF's response to mice study (press release)

National Alopecia Areata Foundation Response to Mice Study Released: 2/23/2011 3:50 PM EST Source: National Alopecia Areata Foundation Com…

Started by rj, Co-founder

36 Nov 7, 2018
Reply by kevindavidson

Is scalp micropigmentation worth the price?

I  used to think I was willing to pay anything to fix my thinning  hair... I have androgenetic alopecia and have diffuse thinning around th…

Started by lola_attaque

1 May 26, 2018
Reply by mastros

Prednisone, Methotrexate, Xeljanz for alopecia areata

Hi- I have had alopecia areata for about 7 years now. I have been on methotrexate for about 2 months now while awaiting insurance approval…

Started by alopeciagal12345

0 Apr 15, 2018

Dr. Phil looking for guests with alopecia

Dr. Phil McGraw, perhaps the most well-known mental health professional in the world, is the host of the #1 daytime talk show Dr. Phil. Pre…

Started by Alopecia World

54 Apr 7, 2018
Reply by Pamela

Xeljanz: Price/Insurance concerns? Call Xelsource at 1-855 493-5526

Hi, it's Valeri,(Xeljanzmiracle). After reading over 1000 replies on ADML's post, the main concern for those wanting to try Xeljanz seems t…

Started by Xeljanzmiracle

28 Feb 12, 2018
Reply by Newjack

When Should I Tell Her?

Hi Everyone. So long story short, i am a 19 year old in my second year at college and at the start of school developed aggressive Alopecia…

Started by ac

5 Jan 11, 2018
Reply by Eliz

Trying Everything at Once

I had my first appointment with the dermatologist today. He confirmed my GP's diagnosis of alopecia areata and told me these are difficult…

Started by Camryn

10 Oct 27, 2017
Reply by Camryn

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service